Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Hi all!

We're looking for feed source options for our meat flock. If you raise lots of birds, where do you go? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Janet

Hi all!

We're looking for feed source options for our meat flock. If you raise lots of birds, where do you go? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Janet
I make a lot of phone calls! Some feeds are cheaper than others. I am a huge Purina fan however it also happens to be one of the more expensive feeds. I get it at Nolands feed in Casper, they are the cheapest Purina dealer. The only problem is that Purina only sells a medicated meat bird feed. Nutrina has a non medicated meat bird feed, if you want to go all natural. I plan on using this for my meat flock since I'm trying to produce my naturally. I have not priced it yet. Star line feed in Mills has Ranch Way feed for even cheaper than the others. I debating using it, however I've never had as good results with Ranch Way with my horses as I have Purina, so I'm still on the fence there. Ranch Way also produces a Certified organic feed however its EXPENSIVE so I haven't priced it locally or even checked to see if it is available. Sutherlands home improvement in Casper also sells Ranch Way feeds. Avoid any feed store in Douglas, they are WAY too expensive, I have not checked hardware hank in Douglas though, they sell nutrina.

Check out the fermented feed thread also. I noticed that once I started feeding fermented feed as a snack their unfermented feed consumption has decreased but the birds are happier and healthier.

I hope this helps.

I make a lot of phone calls! Some feeds are cheaper than others. I am a huge Purina fan however it also happens to be one of the more expensive feeds. I get it at Nolands feed in Casper, they are the cheapest Purina dealer. The only problem is that Purina only sells a medicated meat bird feed. Nutrina has a non medicated meat bird feed, if you want to go all natural. I plan on using this for my meat flock since I'm trying to produce my naturally. I have not priced it yet. Star line feed in Mills has Ranch Way feed for even cheaper than the others. I debating using it, however I've never had as good results with Ranch Way with my horses as I have Purina, so I'm still on the fence there. Ranch Way also produces a Certified organic feed however its EXPENSIVE so I haven't priced it locally or even checked to see if it is available. Sutherlands home improvement in Casper also sells Ranch Way feeds. Avoid any feed store in Douglas, they are WAY too expensive, I have not checked hardware hank in Douglas though, they sell nutrina.

Check out the fermented feed thread also. I noticed that once I started feeding fermented feed as a snack their unfermented feed consumption has decreased but the birds are happier and healthier.

I hope this helps.

The only time that you can find Ranch Way feeds for less than Star-Line Feeds sells it is when Sutherlands has a loss leader sale on Ranch Way feeds. Star-Line Feeds also carries AgLand Feeds.

Since I am just NE of Casper, I buy all of my poultry feeds at Star-Line Feeds. Wonderful people to deal with and keeps his prices low due to his lower overhead.

Noland Feeds used to be competitive but my experience is that since Murdoch's opened that Noland raised their prices to match Murdoch's prices. I do know that the manager in Murdoch's was planning on trying to be more competitive with their feed prices this year.

Of course those that live within a reasonable driving distance of Torrington or who want to buy in bulk, Torrington is the place to go for livestock and poultry feeds.

Redbuttechevre it is unlikely that a special trip to Casper would save you any money on your feed bill. You may want to PM rendezvous1838 as it is most likely the quickest way to get his attention. I believe that you already noticed that he is a fellow Lander resident.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/121791/rendezvous1838

well folks I just picked up my light Brahma girls. got 10 of them! the coop is almost finished. having them here will definitely makeitfeel more like home (just relocated to Evanston from TN). anyone have any experience with brahmas? just wondering if they are as cold hardy as the catalogs say

well folks I just picked up my light Brahma girls. got 10 of them! the coop is almost finished. having them here will definitely makeitfeel more like home (just relocated to Evanston from TN). anyone have any experience with brahmas? just wondering if they are as cold hardy as the catalogs say

I live just NE of Casper and raised Light Brahmas last year. They did very well for me and laid well all winter long. Enjoy your new chickens.

People around here that I know raise them for both. Runner ducks seem to be a favorite for eggs. I don't know about the meat breeds they're using.

Back
Top Bottom