Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
I'm excited! One of my bantam Cochins has just gone broody a couple of days ago, so I might try to find her a couple of fertile eggs too. :)

I'm excited! One of my bantam Cochins has just gone broody a couple of days ago, so I might try to find her a couple of fertile eggs too.
smile.png

Best of luck with that!!!

lets see what have I been doing with the chickens Hum????

Well I have around 60 chicks in the bathroom, 17 of those are meaties from Meyer hatchery, hatched on the 17, 7 are about 4 weeks old, hatched from my own flock, the remainder are a week old hatched from my own flock. I have 118 eggs in the bator due at different date, 25 chicks coming in March, 15 coming in April, and 30 in May. A majority of them will be Wayndottes, I'm also going to start breeding my own black and golden sex links since the majority of people want pullets. I'm also working on my show dottes and bantam dottes.

I've been very busy!

Glad to hear some other people have projects going on too. It will be exciting to see the pics!

Me thinks it's time for a brooder barn! ;-) Do you already have a barn or coops set up for all of those? Sounds like you'll definitely have enough eggs/chicks to sell so they can pay for themselves.

Me thinks it's time for a brooder barn! ;-) Do you already have a barn or coops set up for all of those? Sounds like you'll definitely have enough eggs/chicks to sell so they can pay for themselves.
I have a 12X16 coop that has 2 sections, I keep the chicks that are around 4 weeks old in there, the larger half is for the hens. I have a heat lamp with a shatter proof bulb to keep them warm. All chicks move into the garage at around 2 weeks to encourage rapid feather growth. My horse barn is being remodeled, right now I have 3 breeder pens and I plan to put in at least 2 more, and I'm going to put a large brooder in there too.

I'm certainly going to change the type of chicks I sell. I had several people that wanted 6 week old pullets, that hasn't worked out so well. I've barely gotten enough to fill the orders, and with all the male chicks I lost money. I think sex links will be the way to go, that way I can sell the pullets as day old chicks and sell the males at the same time for cheep, that way I don't have to feed 20 chicks for 6 weeks just to get 6 pullets
hmm.png

So far I have 35 day old chicks sold, and 38 6 week old chicks sold. I should be able to sell the others quickly.

Hi all!! I just wanted to pop by and say hi!

I am getting ready to go pick up my two very first chickens tomorrow, and I am already head over heels! Anyways, I am in Cheyenne and thought I would say hi to everyone!!

Yes thank you Blooie for the point in the right direction! Opposite side of the state lol but boy would I love to have some land in that area. Absolutely beautiful! We're actually looking to head south into Colorado we're thinking for some decent land. We're in the city at the moment, shhhhh. But our 1/4 acre corner lot and the lack of neighbor's should keep the fact that I have two hens a secret. I hope...

Back
Top Bottom