Wyoming Unite!!!!

Is it better to get rid of older chickens instead of introducing to new chicks? Who in Wyoming would process if that's a choice? But I would rather them go somewhere where they can live.

Is it better to get rid of older chickens instead of introducing to new chicks? Who in Wyoming would process if that's a choice? But I would rather them go somewhere where they can live.

How much older are we talking? I integrate new chicks with my adults all the time. Or I did, when I still had my chickens. How much space do you have? Are your time and resources being stretched? So many things enter into the equation.

My older ones are over 2 years old. I have 3 brooders going. One has (2) 1 week old duckling, 2nd one has (21) 2 week old chicks which need the bigger brooder really soon. The 3rd has my (5) 6 week old chicks and 2 ducklings who need to be moved out really soon.

Hello!! new member from WY! I would like to raise some Quails, and it's really hard to find in WY. Please let me know where I can get some. Thank you!! and great to meet you all :)

Hello!! new member from WY! I would like to raise some Quails, and it's really hard to find in WY. Please let me know where I can get some. Thank you!! and great to meet you all :)
:welcome
The reason quail sources are hard to find in Wyoming is because you first have to get a permit from the G&F Dept. They will come out and inspect where you plan on keeping the quail before they grant the permit. Once you have a permit, the G&F can put you in contact with others that legally have quail. It is best to get your quail from someone that legally has them in Wyoming rather than purchasing them from a hatchery because the G&F have stricter testing requirements than most hatcheries are willing to do and the G&F also require proper documentation from the source.

If you live near a local G&F facility you can go there and pick up an application. If not the best way to get the process started is to contact your local game warden.

If you are planning on raising quail to sell, remember that in Wyoming you will only be allowed to legally sell (live quail or hatching eggs) to people who already have a G&F permit.

Welcome to Wyoming Unite! Always glad to have more friends. :frow

I don't know anyone who raises quail, like @R2elk says, the state is really strict about it. Chickens, guineas and turkeys seems to be what most of us have. But we are glad you joined us! ;)

Back
Top Bottom