Wyoming Unite!!!!

I bet those big guys got a lot more comb to protect šŸ˜³ that is one concern of mine for my ladies. I will be breaking out the Vaseline. Thank you!
My roosters have gotten frostbite to I also haven't had very good coops in the last 6 or 7 years now, but I recently got a new coop for my chickens so they'll be separate from my ducks and will have more space and better ventilation for the winter so hopefully there will be less frostbite on the roos comb and the hens too.

Good luck with your chickens! It sounds like you have a pretty good setup, I wish I still had my huge coop that we built for around 30 plus chickens but a dust devil broke the 4Ɨ4 wood posts that were a few feet into the ground and most of it blew half way across out yard.

My roosters have gotten frostbite to I also haven't had very good coops in the last 6 or 7 years now, but I recently got a new coop for my chickens so they'll be separate from my ducks and will have more space and better ventilation for the winter so hopefully there will be less frostbite on the roos comb and the hens too.

Good luck with your chickens! It sounds like you have a pretty good setup, I wish I still had my huge coop that we built for around 30 plus chickens but a dust devil broke the 4Ɨ4 wood posts that were a few feet into the ground and most of it blew half way across out yard.
Ugh the wind here is such a challenge, I understand the struggle. Hurricane force winds make it hard to keep the chills away in the winter. Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you get your new coop serves your flock well this winter šŸ„¶ I hear good ventilation really is the key to keeping frost bite at bay.

Ugh the wind here is such a challenge, I understand the struggle. Hurricane force winds make it hard to keep the chills away in the winter. Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you get your new coop serves your flock well this winter šŸ„¶ I hear good ventilation really is the key to keeping frost bite at bay.
Thank you, I really hope the new coop works well for the chickens and the two guinea fowl. The ducks will stay in the old coop

Anyone here know what kind of mushrooms these are? Just need to know if theyā€™ll make the chickens sick. They were growing in the grass and chickens ate some.

Attachments

• 331EE98E-AD37-40F3-BA71-591985B74AF6.jpeg
    331EE98E-AD37-40F3-BA71-591985B74AF6.jpeg
    486.1 KB · Views: 3
Anyone here know what kind of mushrooms these are? Just need to know if theyā€™ll make the chickens sick. They were growing in the grass and chickens ate some.
Don't know what kind they are for sure but doubt they will harm your chickens. They tend to not eat things that are harmful to them.

My guineas eat the alcohol inky cap mushrooms without any issues.

Don't know what kind they are for sure but doubt they will harm your chickens. They tend to not eat things that are harmful to them.

My guineas eat the alcohol inky cap mushrooms without any issues.
After researching a bit, I think, but not sure, that they are Mica caps. Not sure but seems fitting. I think youā€™re right, though, they are acting fine. Natural foragers they are.

Back
Top Bottom