Wyoming?

Are you going to the show in Powell on Memorial Day weekend? I can't go to Cheyenne but am going to Powell. I can wait until you come up. I also may be in Casper around the Fri before Memorial Day for state track but don't know for sure. I might want to come down and pick up the ducks sooner just to get them out of your hair.

Just wanted to say hello to all in or around wyoming. I live in Lovell and am new to chickens. We have 4 chicks and 2 ducks. Would love to get more but am still trying to convince my husband.

Jambunny, I am having the darndest time getting them to hatch!! They just aren't pipping the shell!! I have one out now, and another I'm helping. And 4 more to go in the hatcher on Tuesday! And most of my other eggs have turned out B-A-D so I don't have much due to hatch. Mostly RIR. I have a few MF and cochins in there too.
I am trying like heck to get to Powell. Never been to a show up that way before LOL
Hi joshandcari!! Glad you found us in our own little spot here in the big BYC world LOL Join in the fun!

It's ok. I had a major hatch catastropie today. I have silkies and lavender porcelins in and my cat knocked off the incubator. Of the ones that broke 2 were rotten and at least 2 but probably 7 or 8 were fertilized. I couldn't look anymore. I thought I had it in a good spot but she got it anyway. So I got on e-bay and went bid crazy. I have some silver seabright eggs coming. I hope you can get to the Powell show. It is one of my favorites because its just a very friendly town. There should be a couple of very good MR breeders there. I know one will because she is the show super. I am bringing one MR 2 ND and a satin. Let me know if you are going and I will look for you!

Ok so joshandcari, welcome. Like I said in my last post, the people in Powell are so friendly and the one's I have met in Lovell also. Welcome and hope you win the war of the birds:gig

Hi! I'm not sure if we'll make the Powell show or not. Financial strain sucks LOL
The other little duckie didn't make it. And, of course, not sure about the 4 going in the hatcher tonight. We'll see!

i know the financial stuff. One reason I didn't go to Cheyenne. I did just win some call duck eggs on ebay so maybe I will havesome extra to sell you. i am not sure if any of my hatch will hatch this time because when the cat knocked it over it messed up the thermostat and I may have cooked them. I haven't hatched anything in years and have forgotten tons.

My hatches have been running late (by a few days) and I can't figure it out. I use 2 meat thermometers per bator!! So, I can't know what's going on!
A friend of mine in Douglas swears by letting her ducks hatch their own. She has tons of babies right now. I can see if she can part with some! I have 4 in the hatcher right now, and 9 call ducks due in a few weeks too! Maybe we'll both have better hatches and we can trade!

Cherndon,
Sounds like a plan. I will keep you updated on my bator. Maybe by the Casper show some of us will have had luck. I do ususally have good luck when my ducks hatch their eggs but I don't have any call ducks soooo, have to order and pray.

Back
Top Bottom