XD Nugget went to petco!

Haha that's great! I would love to do that but the nearest petco is 1 hour from here.
sad.png

I took my rooster to the gas station once! I know the workers pretty well though. They all came by him and started feeding him marshmallows lol. He was such a good boy and stayed in my arms the entire time too! I just loved the looks we got!
He goes for car rides sometimes.
smile.png
I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person that brings her rooster to public places.
wink.png

Hahaha yeah! Nugget LOVED it, he got all kinds of treats and scratchings
lol.png
Ours is about 30 minutes away, but we stopped at the park and the dairy bar at both the way up and back. I think he might be going to the flea market next week with us!! I love the reactions people give and it's such good PR for backyard chicken raising, I can't help myself but take him places
smile.png

OK, OK, This post really got me thinking now!!! What kind of harnesses do you use on chickens??? LOL I have to take my monkey out for an outing too!!!
lol.png
My hubby is going to think I lost it totally now!!!!!!!!
wink.png

Actually no! I COMPLETELY LUCKED OUT. I don't know if you guys have "Dollar Tree" stores in your area, but if you do, GO TO THEM!!! Haha, I picked up "Toy Dog Harnesses" in their little pet section, figured, Eh! What the heck, it's only a buck. THEY FIT PERFECT. Plus they come with matching leashes! So I got like 4 of them, lol. Total fluke I found them, they would be awful for dog harnesses but they work great for my chickens! They're adjustable too, so I can make them fit my ittybittybanty hens and my big ol' fat RIR roosters! I looked on the Dollar tree website, but they don't have them any more. If I can find the brand I'll post it, you might be able to get them from their website. And I'll have to post pictures to show what the harnesses look like, it's like they're made for chickens
lol.png
But a huge suggestion, if you live near a "Everythings A Dollar" Dollar store, I'd really suggest looking in their pet section for things like that!
cool.png

Oh cool! I will definitely take a look, we have about three or four dollar tree stores around here haha. Thanks
smile.png

I took my white silkie to the grand opening of the petco here. 500 something people with different kinds of dogs and I'm the only one who shows up with a chicken and a cat. Boy that was a day! They let my chicken and cat run around in the training area that they had closed off and people were gathering around and just marveling at the scene like at a zoo! Guess they've never seen a manx cat and a fluffy chicken play. LOL

Quote:
HA!
And yeah Definitely check, they have two sizes, I got the smaller size because my chicks were a little smaller, but the larger size does fit =]

Back
Top Bottom