xxxx Chickens

Lil Chickie Mama

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
California
I am SOO ticked at my xxxx chickens. Here's the deal. Out of 15 chickens/roos I finally have ONE that wont run from me and will let me pick her up. She will sit between my legs when I"m in the coop and if I pick her up she'll just hunker down and sleep. She's my sweetie and the only one I've named since I can tell her apart. So the past few days since she accepted me I sit with her for about an hour in the evening and occasionally a curious chicken/roo will come to my lap to see what's going on but they still don't want to be petted so they fly away after a few pats. So yesterday I walk into the coop and who do you know walks right up to me to be picked up? Theresa my sweet chicken. Okay I pick her up and one of the other chicken/roos is watching us. She/he flys up to the table then up onto my shoulder and before I know it HE PECKS MY EAR!!! I have time to raise my hand up to my ear just in time to catch the earring back before it falls. HE ATE MY EARRING!!! ARGHHH. I wore those earrings on my wedding day. I didn't know a chicken would do that. Ohh I am so ticked. I know it's horrible but I kinda sorta hope he didn't make it through the night so I can know which little xxxx it was and get my earring back. Don't get me wrong, I love the rest of them and spend quite a bit of time just hanging out with them, but this one little brat ate my wedding earring. Grr. Okay thanks for the vent.

**Please don't use symbols or change spellings to get around the language filter.

From the rules:
1. Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! Of all the earrings.... i'm sorry!!!
hugs.gif

But i have to laugh because of him flying on your shoulder. I've been whapped in the head by chicken wings before. Today my mean rooster PECKED my big toe! I was wearing sandles. Then he jumped and did a flying kick to the feed bucket!!!!!!!!! JERK! I'll trade ya anyday!

Last edited:
You can have him, no trade necessary! Hubbie came home and I was all pouty holding Theresa and I told him that one of the chickens decided it's name was Buffalo Wings. What really sucks too is that I stupidly thought he just wanted attention too. I thought for a half second that they were warming up to me. Can't someone tell these chickens that I'm the one who brings them food, keeps them safe, spends a buttload of money on them, brings them treats, ect ect.? If you are a chicken whisperer though, find out who the thief is. I think I've procrastinated long enough, time to get dressed (it's almost 10 I'm such a lazy bum) and go see about some chickens. If I'm lucky I'll just find some poop with a shiny thing in it. I'm seriously not above just washing it in alcohol and wearing it again.

Quote:
Keep an eye on the poops for the next few days...maybe you can dig it out... good luck!!! it's possible...gross but possible
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom