Ya know, you can learn from Lady Gaga... Hijacked Into a Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my parents did drugs and I turned out fine.

edit: ok wait, I don't think my mom did any while she was pregnant.. although she did say she would occasionally have a glass a wine to get me to stop kicking(ok, not really)

Last edited:
PM chiko please! He was a GaGa fan until he learned more about her, PM him!
wink.png

Quote:
Well, as a musician, one would hope that your son could respect another musician as an artist whether he liked the music or not. Fact is Lady Gaga is not pop bs, she is responsible for her music. She's not a face some recording company picked to spit out their prewritten, pre planned garbage. She may be flamboyant, but that's her, not a gimmick.
At least she isnt running around doing stupid things that get her on the covers of the trash tabloids. She isnt having Tiger Woods love child and she isnt out drinking with the Kardashian sisters. No, she's too busy making music.

Your opinion is Gaga isn't pop bs. My son and I's opinion is and that it is bs and that is fine. And yes meat hats and over the top outfits are gimicks to get her noticed and help keep her in the magazines and photo ops. The industry knows that and so does Gaga and she uses it to the fullest.

I really have no experience with Lady Gaga or could not recognize her songs if I heard them but I do use performers both alive and dead as opportunities to teach my kids.

I'm just another person who thinks Lady Gaga is pretty cool.
frow.gif

I like her attitude toward people who are different. If more people were like her, I think the world would be a kinder place. Her music is good, too.

Amigo, Symphony, feel free to tell me whatever it is. I'm curious but I don't want to send someone I've never talked with a message.
caf.gif

I like much of her music. Born this Way is inspirational.

She is not completely independant. She is subject to a staff that creates her image. If she were not an icon, her message may not be reaching millions.

It is kind of ironic how Lady Gaga is all about being different and not hating because people are different...and yet she is hated for being different. There is way too much anger and hate in this world. It is very sad.

Not liking someone because they wear odd clothing is petty. Not liking someone who sings about acceptance is petty. Not liking someone because of a different genre of music is petty. Not liking the fact that a teacher was able to use a celebrity of the music industry to teach kids is petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom