yaaaayyy i see chickies!

Loretta212

Songster
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
Meriden ct
well my first hatch didnt go se well but i had to try again ! and I can see so many little chickies forming. I candled yesterday which was day 4 and now i have to resist the urge to candle the eggs every day i think i might do it again at 14 days would that be a good time?

107824_baby_chick.jpg

Got a pic!! surprised it came out so good

mine are on day 6 and I saw an eyeball today!! It was moving around so was very exciting!

Are you using an incubator or a broody? Mines a first time broody PR sitting on four eggs. I'm half expecting her to give up half way but it was worth a shot since the eggs were free!

What will you be hatching? Mine will be 1/4 D'uccle 3/4 Ameraucana chicklets!

i am using an incubator and i have the craziest mix of eggs right now lol some are from a flock that has a RIR roo, glw, slw and leghorns and some i ordered conchins and a barnyard mix ! so really its going to all be just one big surprise hahah

oo that make it even more exciting! The only variation I'll get is whether they'll have beards like their dad or be 'clean shaven' like their mumma lol

sooo jealous I wish I could hatch a zillion babies! I can just see myself rolling around giggling my head off in a sea of baby chickens!

resist the urge to candle i noe tis exciting btu chilling the embryos mite kill them i killed one of mine like that

Quote:
i am going to try my hardest to wait until very close to lock down to even look again its so cool to see but i really want a better hatch this time so if i cant keep looking i wont

have you been able to resist candling again? I couldn't! Got three chicks growing and a dud! Only a week and half to go
celebrate.gif

wish they'd be done already! I really need something positive chook-wise right now
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom