YAH!!! Finally have a garden

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TinaSwarr, Mar 15, 2011.

1. TinaSwarr

TinaSwarr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    I am so proud I did it all by myself, planted onions and peas today, never had much a garden before, I am just a city girl gone country or redneck as my family puts it. so what else can i plant now in pennsylvania. my garden space is 17 feet by 7 feet. unemployed for the summer so I have way to much time on my hands.

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Garlic, broccoli, some squashes, and several other things! go on over to the sister site The Easy Garden, link at the bottom of the page and see what all everyone in your area is growing right now! GOOD FOR YOU! [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

You're so lucky! I've always wanted to plant a garden, but I really don't have much room here. Enjoy!!! [​IMG]

4. gilavina

gilavina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Southeast Nebraska
    yay! I'm so excited for you! You'll be hooked in no time at all! For crops you can toss in now in the cooler season, you could always do radishes, carrots, lettuce, spinach, etc...then when those harvest, you will be able to use that space for other crops as well.

5. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Aaaahhh... gardening. Next to chickens, the most therapeutic thing on Earth. [​IMG] Ever heard of Square Foot Gardening? It's insanely awesome, allowing you to grow a LOT in a very little space. Head to a library and check out the book - it is SO worth a short trip.

6. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    Quote:I just planted today too. I planted onions, lettuce, spinach, broccili, carrots, radishes and sometimes this week I need to go buy seed potatoes. Potatoes get planted when the daffodils bloom and the dandelions start to grow. I live in Indiana.

7. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    It all depends on how much light your garden gets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by