yay!! finally got purebred Ameraucanas

Heres a picture of my little blue ameracauna bantam that hatched......

60664_201108191121391.jpg

This was right after S/HE HATCHED:
60664_201107241119231.jpg

Illia - The lady I got mine from said she got them from a breeder here in Texas named Ruth (not really sure if anyone knows who that is?). Surprisingly enough I have one Easter Egger that lays a blue egg, all the other lay green so it's gonna be nice to have more blue eggs!

Last edited:
Quote:
You wont be disappointed, I'm glad I waited and finally found some, now I just have to see how many hens I end up with and increase my numbers from there. The blue ameraucana bantams is so fuzzy and adorable!

Congratulations on your little blue wheaten Ameraucana chickies.

That's interesting that they are the little yellow ones.

We did a cross between a blue wheaten Ameraucana rooster with a blue wheaten Ameraucana hen and a blue Ameraucana hen.

We had chickies of all different colors !

You can check out what your future baby chicks might look like next year on our website. I think I captured all the different colored chickies. But it's hard to keep track of what color chickie turned out to be what color chicken !

Enjoy your little cutie pies. We won't have chickies until next Spring, and we're limiting the number next year for sure.

We did sell all of our Ameraucana hens this year though ! Everyone just loves those beautiful sky blue eggs.

p.s. ours are bantam Ameraucanas

Quote:
If you breed Blue Wheaten to another BW you'll get 50% blue wheaten 25% wheaten and 25% splash wheaten. I'm not sure if you can breed BW x Blue and still have purebred birds (but Im not expert, so don't take my word for it). This would explain the different colors

Back
Top Bottom