yay!!! I just got my EE hatching eggs from Carole at fowlvisions!

krstms

MO Hick Chick
10 Years
Sep 23, 2009
Missouri
They just arrived in the mail and I'm soooo excited.
celebrate.gif
This is my first ever attempt at hatching. I cant wait to put em in the bator. It's gonna be hard to wait the 24 hrs to put em in. Then 21 days... All of the eggs arrived unharmed (well one may have a small crack.. cant tell for sure-gonna try it for the first couple of days and see how it goes) I ordered 12 and she sent 13. She packaged them extremely well and the post man said he was very gentle with them ( she wrote fertile eggs-fragile on the box) If I could find my camera batteries I would take some pics for you. They are such pretty blue/green eggs. I just cant wait to see what happens. Wish me luck!
fl.gif

Finally got the camera going.
41709_chickens_010.jpg

Some of mine are in the front. They are already marked for turning purposes. They go in today. Cant hardly wait. 21 days is a loooong time!
barnie.gif

Ok so is it normal to be this nervous?
barnie.gif
It has been all of about one hour since I put the eggs in. I had a little temperature fluctuation after putting them in and have been working on it. I cant quit looking at the thermometer. My husband thinks I'm crazy. I can honestly say I'm about to freak out worrying about them.
he.gif
Does this get better? lol I sure hope so.

Sheesh, I'm already worried about mine and they are just "resting" on the counter right now.

I'm going to be a nervous wreck for 21 days. But it will be worth it to see the little fuzzy butts.

man just wait. It only gets worse. So you put yours in tomorrow? We should be pretty close on hatch day. Good luck! I think I have my temp problem fixed, now I just need to figure out how to calm down.
lau.gif
I dont know how I'm gonna survive during lockdown. I'm already nuts and I'm only a few hours into the first day. haha
D.gif

ok so I'm on day 4 and I couldnt wait any longer. I candled and it looks to me like every single egg I got from fowlvisions is making. None were clear and from the pictures I've seen online of candling it looks to me like they are all doing good so far.
woot.gif
Some of mine that I threw in are iffy but I figured on that as they are pullet eggs. I just wanted to experiment. Some are starting though, not sure if they'll pull through. I cant wait to see what happens! How's it going for you new2chooks?

Back
Top Bottom