Yay! They Shall Arrive! [Your Hatching Success?]

Quote:
Pssst ... It's MaranS, with an s .... Don't you know ... the Poultry Police will get ya, if you don't spell it right!
lau.gif
Always with an, "S" whether it is singular or plural. There, your lesson for today!
gig.gif

Gosh, that was the one thing that got me...
I'm a HUGE Grammar freak and I know it's Marans, but it irks me (English not being my first language).
I have A MaranS Hen. lol for a long time I had to remind myself... LOL ya caught me!!

LOL ACK!!!! How do you know I didn't accidentally slip past the s???? EH???? (I probably didnt lol)

Well, if English is not your first language, you sure do a darn good job with it!
wink.png

By the way, the White Faced Black Spanish I recently hatched .... shipped eggs, 100% 8 out of 8 fertile eggs! I forgot that one! (4 eggs were clear, and tossed). I also got 100% hatch (same breed, same seller) the first time ... 6 out of 6 fertile eggs. They are now about 7 weeks old, and I ended up with 1 male and 5 female! YAY! I'm still waiting to sex the last 8.

Quote:
lol, my parents pretty much forced me to give up my first language - they wanted to be more Americanized? And now, they want me to relearn the old language. Strangely enough, I do pretty well, but more often than I like to admit, I get stuck on words or definitions or other things like that. A lot of time, I mix things up. Like my my language, you say Eye of the dog instead of in English (Dog's eye). I use to say "Dog eye" - you can't really own something in the language and I got a lot of weird looks. But Shhhh... don't let anyone know
wink.png

Wow, you've had good hatch rate! If I haven't asked yet, what incubator have you used? [Nevermind, too slow to hit the delete button, I'll look up and see what ya wrote or edit this out lol or maybe you did not answer yet?]

I suppose the more expensive the eggs, the least liekly they will hatch; "luck" lol

Quote:
See post # 10 ...

Yes, it seems the more expensive, the less successful hatch ... maybe it just seems that way! LOL

I've been pretty lucky, I think. I prefer not to bring in birds from other regions, so I hatch. (Besides, it's fun!) I have lots of chicks in brooders, and am now waiting for the older ones to start laying (oldest about 20 weeks).

I sold all my hatchery stock, to make room for breeder quality stock, and now I have no eggs!
he.gif

Quote:
See post # 10 ...

Yes, it seems the more expensive, the less successful hatch ... maybe it just seems that way! LOL

I've been pretty lucky, I think. I prefer not to bring in birds from other regions, so I hatch. (Besides, it's fun!) I have lots of chicks in brooders, and am now waiting for the older ones to start laying (oldest about 20 weeks).

I sold all my hatchery stock, to make room for breeder quality stock, and now I have no eggs!
he.gif

HAHA, that just makes me laugh! That is about my luck!!!!!!
I found that it is much cheaper to just purchase bulk quality chicks from local breeders or the Amish and raise those or sell them locally to people who only want a few.
Hatching them drives me insane! Lots of fluctations between emotions (YES! OH NO! YES YES YES!!!
sad.png
NO!!!)

Quote:
I have been wanting to hatch some White Faced Black Spanish! Would you mind telling me who you bought your eggs from? You could PM me with the info if you prefer.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom