Year old ducks won't eat out of feeder.

HevandFrag

Hatching
Apr 11, 2022
Hi!
I bought a couple of year old Drakes from a friend. I bought the waterfowl pellets that he has been feeding them on, but they won't eat it out of any sort of feeder I give them - only when sprinkled on the ground!
Ive tried trays, containers, actual feeders, and have now built this contraption as they used to eat out of a trough or any old container. I feel bad as they're not eating out of the containers yet when I take a handful and throw it for them, they go mad for it. But I don't want rotting wet food all over the pen.
Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Here's the pics!

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_170251.jpg
    IMG_20220411_170251.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220411_170254.jpg
    IMG_20220411_170254.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 4
That's ridiculous! Trouble some duckies 🤔 I would let them go without food for 2-3 days. Still have the food in a feeder, but let them get hungry. Maybe that will encourage them to eat out of a feeder.

That's ridiculous! Trouble some duckies 🤔 I would let them go without food for 2-3 days. Still have the food in a feeder, but let them get hungry. Maybe that will encourage them to eat out of a feeder.
I knn;ow! Okay thank you, it's quite obvious their foods in there because they watch me grab it out of the feeder and throw it for them 🤣hopefully they'll warm to it!

Back
Top Bottom