Yellow crookneck squash can you eat them? pics now

GopherBoyFarms

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Vancouver WA
well the chickens ate most of our garden this year (there will be a fence around the garden next year)

But I do have some Yellow crookneck squash that the girls dont seem to touch. I didnt even know I planted this.
I am wondering can you eat these? or are they just decoration. And if you can eat them anyone have a recipe??

Last edited:
If it is squash you can eat it. This is the kind of squash we like here. I like to cut it up into bite size pieces and cook it in a pan with butter and onions. Also you can fry it. Are you sure it is squash and not something else?
Chris

ok, well I am not sure what they aresince I planted them and the ziplock the neighbor gave me with seeds said cantolope...I will go take a pic ture of them and someone can tell me what they are. LOL

I've found them to be most tasty if you grill them.
smile.png

100_0001-12.jpg

and this is what followed me to the garden.....
100_0002-13.jpg

100_0003-13.jpg

100_0004-14.jpg

got one more pic of the unknown veggy before I had to chase the flock back to the back yard
100_0005-13.jpg

That is a yellow crookneck squash. Is a type of yellow summer squash. Its very edible. I am very jealous.....your garden still looks so good.....mine has started to go by.

oh thank you.....we have 3 small gardens...a HIS a HERS and a KIDS
HIS and KIDS mainly have pumpkins, sunflowers, and corn.
HERS (mine) has/had onions, tomatos, hot peppers, squach, green beans, and herbs. I really wanted to make salsa this year but the chickens ate all but 2 of my tomatoes.

So when can I pick these squach, and can I make soup out of them? Do I use the skins?

Back
Top Bottom