Yellow Diarrhea Problem. Please Reply.

Nancy112

In the Brooder
Dec 29, 2016
3 days ago I realized that my chicken, my avatar chicken, started to have a stream of yellow diarrhea reaching down her vent. I looked in the coop and saw also some yellow diarrhea. She is eating and drinking still with gusto, and still is moving around fine. Her comb, wattles, and face seems to be a lighter color than red. Some of her wrinkles on her face have disappeared. This puzzles me. Today, when I held her, she seemed lighter. I weighed her and she measured 4.8 pounds. Her vent feathers are not falling out and her crop is not swelled. It does not seem to be severe at this point, but I lost two chickens a few years ago which I treated for pasty butt and it did not help. This is my favorite chicken. I am in school and she is one of my only friends. Please reply!!!

Yes. This looks exactly like what it is but it is attached to the feathers. It seems like she might be a little lethargic but I might be overreacting. It is a little green too. I will try to post a picture of it soon. It is also worrying that it is in such amounts. I have had two other chickens a few years back where all their vent feathers fell out, there was yellow fecal matter sticking to the skin, and the crop was as big as a grapefruit. That killed both of them and since this is my favorite chicken, I feel like if anything is out of order, she might die. I treated those chickens for pasty butt, and fed them vinegar, apple cider, and yogurt. Is there anything I can do if it is this?

Here is a picture.
her comb and wattles are also light pink instead of rose red. It might be just winter but other chickens have red combs.

I'm feeding them regular food, commercial. I let them out almost every day for about 2 hours. To get them back in I use food with some corn and other veggies. They love it. Sometimes we give them leftovers. One or twice a week they get pasta. Just about 2 days ago I gave them a smashed pumpkin which I destroyed with my longsword a few minutes before. But we've been doing this for a long time and they have been fine. I won't not let out because it makes them happy and in some cases strengthens their immune systems. The only thing bad about that is there might be worms but it is in winter. Any tips on clipping off feathers?

Back
Top Bottom