Yellow Diarrhea Problem. Please Reply.

Thanks all of you, Chicken really, MasterofClucker. You guys have been really really helpful. Happy Near years!

OK. So I just weighed her and she had diarrhea which was like mucus and was definitely not solid. It was really really watery. She is now at 4.2 pounds.

This is really worrying. Is there any food which will help me regain her weight? I cut off her feathers which had diarrhea attached. We also washed her vent with warm water. Should I quarantine her? I have a dog cage.

OK. So I just weighed her and she had diarrhea which was like mucus and was definitely not solid. It was really really watery. She is now at 4.2 pounds.

This is really worrying. Is there any food which will help me regain her weight? I cut off her feathers which had diarrhea attached. We also washed her vent with warm water. Should I quarantine her? I have a dog cage.
Yeah....Chicken starter or grower unmedicated.......Zero snacks and fillers....Fresh water...

Cheers!

Master of clucker if you look at the graph I don't think you lose 0.6 pounds in 3 days because of crop filling up. I weighed her at about 1: 30 in afternoon. I think with the diarrhea she is losing vital electrolytes and I will see whether I can get food with electrolytes. Happy New Years!

Thanks chicken really. I will do this immediately. Should I just give this to her or the whole 9 chicken flock?

I have a nipple system for my chickens. Does that supply enough water to her. With this watery diarrhea she might be losing alot of water. I bet she id dehydrated

My chickens have a bad tendency to use the tub of water as a toilet. They poop in it and wash in it. Also it will freeze. We have a water heater except I don't want the chickens getting burned by it in an open water tub. It gets down to 25 degrees each night down here in NC

I am ok using the tub and getting it dirty but it will freeze every night. I will try everything.

Back
Top Bottom