Yellow/green diarrhea

bwaak

Chirping
Jan 31, 2023
New England
Hen had diarrhea all over her back end. I soaked her and cleaned it off. Now she's in her own coop and run for monitoring. Diarrhea seems to be reduced but now it's green and yellow. I am adding Corid to the water. She's not eating and I'm not sure what the next steps are!

Picture of poop would help
Age?
When was the last time she laid?
Does she feel lighter than usual?
Will try to get pics tomorrow. She's 1 1/2 years old. Not sure when she laid last, I have over 20 hens and some are molting so about half are laying. She hasnt laid while being separated which has been about 4 days. She feels the same to me. Thanks!

Hen had diarrhea all over her back end. I soaked her and cleaned it off. Now she's in her own coop and run for monitoring. Diarrhea seems to be reduced but now it's green and yellow. I am adding Corid to the water. She's not eating and I'm not sure what the next steps are!
What do you feed?
Hard to know what's going on. Could be something reproductive, worms, etc.
The Corid won't hurt her, just don't add extra vitamins/supplements that contain B1(Thiamine) to her food/water while she's being treated.

Look forward to the photos of her poop and of her.

What do you feed?
The Corid won't hurt her, just don't add extra vitamins/supplements that contain B1(Thiamine) to her food/water while she's being treated.

This is how she looked when I got home from work with fresh diarrhea. It's raining and she had just been standing in it before I took this pic

Attachments

• 20230313_165145.jpg
    20230313_165145.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 27
What do you feed?

She eats poulin egg production plus grain and I feed the chickens some scratch a rew days a week (sunflower seeds, mealworms, scratched corn, and a 5 grain scratch from tractor supply mixed together)

It may be that she has some reproductive problems as well, but getting a fecal float to see if she needs to be dewormed would be a good idea.
What kind of reproductive problem could she have and is it something that can be reasonably treated? I'll call my local vet to do a fecal float. Thanks for your knowledge and advice.

I have not really found a way to treat reproductive issues like EYP, Cancer, Internal Laying, etc.
Hens can live with these conditions for a long time or sometimes they can decline rapidly. Basically, you just feed them well, stay on top of parasites, etc. and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom