Yellow Urates in Otherwise Normal Poo

Unfortunately, the scratch, mealworms, and birdseed are being WAY overdone. I had a pullet die of Fatty Liver Hemorrhagic Syndrome because she got overfed mealworms. You can read about it here. For 5 hens, that's way too many treats. @Kiki , I know this is your level of expertise. Want to step in?
So I’m killing my chickens with love...(feeding =love)... is it too late to reverse it? 😢.

So I’m killing my chickens with love...(feeding =love)... is it too late to reverse it? 😢.
Don't feel too bad! I did the exact same thing you're doing. Stop feeding as much scratch, mealworms, and other treats- this dilutes the nutrients that the birds need. Continue letting them free range to exercise them. I'll wait to see what Kiki says if she replies to this thread. Good luck! I know exactly how you feel. :hugs

Don't feel too bad! I did the exact same thing you're doing. Stop feeding as much scratch, mealworms, and other treats- this dilutes the nutrients that the birds need. Continue letting them free range to exercise them. I'll wait to see what Kiki says if she replies to this thread. Good luck! I know exactly how you feel. :hugs
Thank you for your advice and your kindness. That means a lot. I will follow your advice and hope for the best... should I bring them to a vet?

Yes, probably E.coli, or in young chickens, it could be coccidiosis. It is best to get a fecal float to make sure.
I'm going for Fecal Float Test .
The lab person says to run 2 tests as per the slow crop and yellow urates .
• Bacterial
• Fungal
I will start the thread after I have the report hope u all.help.me out

Back
Top Bottom