Yes, its a rant!

Yeah,

I mean I would understand if they were riding them right there, but they were riding them atleast 1-2 acres away from the houses! Its just ridiculous. The day someone tried to petition my roosters is the day you all will see me on the news for blowing up half of California.
roll.png

Here is some examples of what going on like that around here. Hope they don't make you get rid of your roosters.
They colden't though since you ain't in city limits.

There is forty acres across the road from us, we know the person who owns it. He let's us have airsoft wars and ride over there as long as it ain't growing season or hunting season. He even lets us squirel hunt on the upper end of the property. But they willl probaly sell that land to housing develoments one day.
My great grandparents use to own a whole road and people kept selling and now behind my granparents house they built a housing devolement, and filled in a spring which is against the law. So my grandpa took pictures of where they filled it in and they did nothing about it.
Then 12 roosters and 1 hen started coming up to my grandparents house every day (My grandpa liked them he had 2,000 chickens when he was a kid). The people who where not family called animal contral to pick them up. I took 3 home and my uncle have 4 away.
Then this guy down the road thinks he can let is dogs run, and they killed 5 of my chickens.

The dirtbike thing is a sore subject for me... only because IDIOTS give all of us a bad name (namely the ATV riders, who I loathe).
We ride our dirtbikes in desginated BLM land and our bikes have spark arrestors and mufflers.
Please don't let a handful of toolbags give the sport a bad name.

There is a long gravel road beside our house, and these people that use to live in a rental, didn't like me and my brother driving by there house on our atv.

Sorry, I moved to the country for peace and quiet, not the sound of atv's and dirtbikes. I can't stand them and my kids will NEVER own one. Maybe the high cost of gas may help keep the offroading to a minimum this year.

I really don't care where you come from, all I want is people to have a little respect for my property. If those kids had permission to ride on that property, and they were respectful of the boundaries and the neighboring properties, I really don't see why there is a problem.

This is the kind of stuff I have a problem with: we have a neighbor who we think has driven his ATV onto our property. His kids and some other kids in the neighborhood were chopping down trees and building dirtbike paths on our property. They ran and ditched a dirtbike one day when they saw my mother coming down the driveway; she took the dirtbike and called the cops, made the parents come get the bike--the kids haven't ridden on our property since. I don't have one bit of a problem with those kids riding nearby, but darn if I'm going to stand for them destroying trees and digging holes on MY property. I have since given these kids (they came up to my house and asked politely) permission to walk and/or ride non-motorized bikes across my drive and through part of my land to get to each other's houses (I'm not trying to be a total meanie, I just don't want them tearing stuff up). We caught the father wandering around on our property one day; when questioned, he said "oh, I was, um, looking for my property line." BS, dude, you had crossed over our driveway and were standing on our property. I think it was safe to assume your property line ended somewhere before you crossed OUR drive, thanks. I suspect right now that he is trying to poach deer off of my property. I believe he is baiting deer to about 10 ft away from my property line and driveway, which we often take walks along with my 10-month old son. If I get proof, there is going to be hell to pay--first, it's not safe one bit to be shooting anything that close to where people and animals (my pastures are not too far away) walk and second, how dare someone poach anything off of my property? If he shoots a deer, it's likely going to be still standing on my property when he does it, given the way the property lines are in relation to his house.

barnie.gif
People just need to have a little respect for one another, that's all I want. Do I particularly like the sound of dirtbikes and ATVs (we do have an ATV, but use it rarely--for plowing the drive and hauling stuff around the farm--not for just riding)? No, but I'm also not the only person living around here. Maybe my neighbors don't like the sound of my roosters, but they aren't complaining. However, when you cross onto my property without permission or are doing something dangerous nearby, I'm not going to be very nice about it.

People just need to have a little respect for one another, that's all I want. Do I particularly like the sound of dirtbikes and ATVs (we do have an ATV, but use it rarely--for plowing the drive and hauling stuff around the farm--not for just riding)? No, but I'm also not the only person living around here. Maybe my neighbors don't like the sound of my roosters, but they aren't complaining. However, when you cross onto my property without permission or are doing something dangerous nearby, I'm not going to be very nice about it.

I agree 100%. They better not be ON my property, liability issues and all. My trails are NOT for them, they're for me and my family. You better believe that the first time someone says one word about my roosters, they'll get an earful about the ATVs, jeep, dirtbikes, gunfire, loud music, etc.

Edited to add: The neighbors I'm talking about are nice folks, don't get me wrong. I have no issues with them as people and I know they'd do anything to help if we needed it and we would be happy to help them as well. I seriously doubt they'd ever complain about my chickens, and in fact, have bought eggs from me, but people can be a bit unpredictable sometimes, so you never know.

Last edited:
ATVs, jeep, dirtbikes, gunfire, loud music, etc.

This person 4-5 houses (everybody has at least 2 acres) down the road had music on so loud we could here every word from our house. When we were hunting acroos the road (They said we could hunt on there land). These people road there dirt bikes right by us.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats awful, I wish people weren't so mean. It seems like people think since their new that they own the place. Yesterday we were waiting in line to get some diesel fuel and when the guy pulled out we were about to pull in and this fire truck pulls right in front of the diesel tank. He had to know we were their but he just figured since he had a fire truck he owned the gas station.
th.gif
somad.gif
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom