Yet another gender post

The Silkie appears to be a cockerel and other two pullets
Hmm, thats what I thought since 4 weeks. Mostly because of the way her/his stance was.
When the other two ran from me, s/he would stand really tall and tilt his/her head at me while standing in front. I have a home for him is necessary, but thats still really good for straight run chicks. Could have been worse! ;)

Any guesses for these guys as well? They’ll be 5 weeks on Monday, and I’m a big worried both are cockerels though it’s still a bit young to tell.
FE890F32-3A01-41BA-B257-943E607C1857.jpeg

I think PB is a definite cockerel.
275C12F2-2E44-4D5F-A788-B857A80C29DD.jpeg

I’m not certain about Jay though. I’m concerned s/he’s a cockerel though. Interested to hear your guesses.

Any guesses for these guys as well? They’ll be 5 weeks on Monday, and I’m a big worried both are cockerels though it’s still a bit young to tell.
View attachment 2721303
I think PB is a definite cockerel.
View attachment 2721304
I’m not certain about Jay though. I’m concerned s/he’s a cockerel though. Interested to hear your guesses.
Looks like a cockerel and a pullet so far.

Not Black. Could be Birchen (OEGB) or Gray (Japanese), but not Black.

(I don't know which breed, just commenting on the color.)
Thank you! Someone on here told me she was a black, but I was going to ask again since I was seeing the white highlights. I'm glad she'll have some white highlights as it will bring a nice pop to the flock. :D

At nine weeks, its pretty easy to tell with mine. Looking at lack of comb development on yours compared to some of mine, I'm going to say pullets.

20210615_122732.jpg

Both birds are the same age, 9 weeks, and from the same rooster.

Hey guys, thought I'd update. Nugget, Lacey, and Cotton will be 11 weeks on Tuesday. Its still a but young for Cotton's gender, but I actually had a question regarding Lacey's behavior.
Sadly, I recently lost Jay to a dog attack. It was devastating, but luckily Nugget took PB right under her wing and never pecked him once upon integration. She even let him snuggle under her wing on the first night. Of course, Lacey and Cotton were the real bullies, so I have PB and Nugget in a see no touch cage to integrate PB to their flock.
I've been spending more time with them lately, and have been noticing an odd, rooster like behavior from Lacey.
Every now and then, Lacey will run up to Cotton with her hackers raised, and size him up. It usually dissipates quickly with a peck or two. Cotton usually sizes her up back, but once Lacey even jumped with her feet out towards him. Sometimes Cotton starts it, and some times Lacey does.
Everything about Lacey screams hen to me. Her thin small pale comb, and pale face, even her legs look thin to be a cockerels. Maybe she's just being a bossy hen? I'll try to get a video, but our internet is slow so not sure if it will upload to Vimeo. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom