YIKES..Talk About A Protective Mom

I use to feel bad about stealing the eggs from their nest to incubate, well NOT NO MORE... If this is the way they act when i let them hatch, then forget it... I'LL DO THE HATCHING lmao I understand it's their babies but, OMG dam ducks could at lease "share" their Brats(babies) lol My chickens are just as mean, except i haven't tried to get her brats. From now on I'll be doing the hatching~Bator will be full all the time. I Still don't know how I'm gonna get the other six babies from the Rouen Witch.
hide.gif
fl.gif
~Julie~

Find some long gloves. We have some huge thick ones at work that reach the elbow.. Then get a hockey mask to protect your face... You may have a chance if you can manouvre you hands to catch the babies or see out of the mask..
lau.gif
Years ago my brother used to wear his soccer pads on his arms to go near the geese - and that was only when feeding them- and not when they were broody or raising young. I learnt young not to mess with a momma duck or goose. These days I just pick the right right timing - you have to be careful though so the ducklings dont get injured while mom is trying to protect them .

I just didn't want the mommy hag to break or hurt her wings..She has me kinda scared now when I'm out in the area where her and her brats are. Last night i thought i was gonna have to sleep out there b/c mommy hag wouldn't move her brats somewhere else so i could walk by to leave. she kept hissing at me and Wasn't acting 1 bit Afraid of me as i kept calmly talking to her. Finally i had to yell for Ashley to come distract them in order to make them move so i could get out. ~ ( * )> NO More Broodies Hatching! <( * ) ~Incubator ONLY!

It's not blue on the post I am reading. Can you trick mom into somewhere with food for them? It might be easier to get to the babies then. I use frozen peas to lure mine away. LOL
smile.png

smile.png

I've got plenty of cuts, bites, and scratches on my hands and arms from my 4 'scovy hens. Snow White hatched out 10 the other day. Let me tell you, she was a complete witch to move so I could pull out rotten eggs. Easiest was to wait 'til she would come out to eat and bath. Now with the babies, I just carry a board or stick to ward her off if I need to. I just don't act scared and that way she thinks twice about jumping on me if I am only near her brood. It's a whole 'nother story if I grab one. It is definately easier with two people though.

Back
Top Bottom