YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga

Yes yes that is what they are, I couldn't think of it. OMG some have six inch spikes on them. I cut them all up as high as I could reach, all the way around. They tear my husband up when he mows. I even ripped out a rouge rose bush. Told my DH, that's it, I'm sick of getting tore up, so no more anythings with thorns in our yard. I do love the the trees And only took out those that had real bad ice damage. Now they are pruned up high. Now it will just be maint. To keep the, that way.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Oh yeah!!!!! DH brought me home a 55gal plastic drum for water collecting. He works at a manufacturing plant that makes notebooks. The drum held non toxic biodegradable soap for washing out the ink tanks. He said if I liked it he would bring home more!!! It washed out great with no residual odor. Going to use them as rain catcher to water the garden and even use one as I get them for a chicken watering system!!!! I will get a pic of it and post it later!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Missyktsm

Missyktsm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2013
    Just South of Atlanta
    I'm also working on breeding pens. Today I'm coating the breeding shed in polyurethane for protection and will hopefully be finishing the support beams for the runs. I hop the rain holds off

1 person likes this.
  4. Missyktsm

Apr 15, 2013
    Just South of Atlanta
    I took advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday to update pics my LF Cochin flock. My breeding pens will be finished this week and I should be able to offer hatching eggs in about a month.

This is Cash with his favorite hen U.D.
    [​IMG]
    He will be in a pen with 2 blue hens, U.D.

And this lighter blue hen Minnie
    [​IMG]

Later in the spring I plan on swapping the black roo with this blue one Danny
    [​IMG]

My splash roo, Pearl will be penned with two white hens from Jamie Matts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The girls look a little rough right now...the boys have just started doing their thing and are giving the girls a hard time. I checked 6 eggs last night and all but 1 were fertile, Yay! When I separate them into their breeding pens ill clip the feathers around their vents to try and ensure a better fertility rate.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

Of course you had to ask... Let me see if I can find the address.

6. Missyktsm

Apr 15, 2013
    Just South of Atlanta
    I also have a pair of black Silkies I'd like to re home. They are about 4 months old. They both have a little green starting to show in their tails and wings. These were hatched from eggs from Nancy Gary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia
    @RoboDuck Browns Feed & Seed, 55 Mountain st, Blue Ridge GA

8. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

Pretty!!