YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Did the white chicks both come from white eggs?
    Well, you know the one from the Sumatra egg is pure Sumatra. The one from the blue egg is EE/Sumatra mix. The brown egg is the 1/4 Plymouth Rock, 3/4 EE. But I didn't think I still had both leghorn hens when you got the eggs, so I can't remember if you got two leghorn eggs or not. They would be Leghorn/EE mix though, which is why they have fluffy cheeks. So really all of your chicks would be an EE mix except that Sumatra from the Sumatra egg.

And both of you, don't forget I'm getting blue and Silver Laced LF Cochins next month. So next year (after they grow and breed), I'll be able to trade some of those with either of you.

1 person likes this.
  2. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    Is anyone interested in going in with me to order chicks from Meyers really soon? I live in Dawsonville near Amicalola Falls. Another lady is interested, too. Please let me know ASAP! I only want a few different pullets.

3. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    I got a headache after reading "fingerscrossed" and gave up on whatever the rest said.

4. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012

Yes, both of them were from white eggs. I'm going to keep them in the big coop with the EEs from TSC. I'll worry about extra roos later :)

5. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Ugh, I won't be able to stand him if those eggs don't get here soon.

6. GAMarans

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Oh, and my hen that I was hoping might give me blue eggs has instead decided on an odd color between pink and beige and with white flecks all over.

7. dixiechickga

dixiechickga Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2014
    Ok - I have a strange question. Is it normal that my Polish pullet sounds like a pterodactyl?

8. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    I don't know about you guys, but I'd be embarrassed. The cat would be dead before it reached this point...

Oregon Family Held Hostage

1 person likes this.
  9. Missyktsm

Missyktsm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2013
    Just South of Atlanta
    Great! I have one silver laced hen now but I'm not sure about breeding her. I ordered some eggs off eBay and only two hatched...a silver laced hen and a barred roo. Neither of them have very good type at all. They have very poor cushions and their foot feathers are awful. Most of my flock came from Star Cochins and are excellent birds. I may try to put the SL hen with my black roo and see if I can improve type. Really need to check the chicken calculator first to make sure I won't just be making a mess.

Oh and I still want to ask you some incubating questions...just been really busy. Hoping to find time tomorrow.

10. GAMarans

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    We have Pekin pippage people!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by