YO GEORGIANS! :)

Oops, forgot the pic of the chicks from LTygress's eggs:

@LTygress , one of those black chicks is from the sumatra egg, the other is from the blue egg. One has more white on it's toes than the other. They are still Mr. Zoo's favorotes. The brown chick is from the brown egg (BR/EE), and the two white chicks have the cutest fluffy cheeks.
Did the white chicks both come from white eggs?
Well, you know the one from the Sumatra egg is pure Sumatra. The one from the blue egg is EE/Sumatra mix. The brown egg is the 1/4 Plymouth Rock, 3/4 EE. But I didn't think I still had both leghorn hens when you got the eggs, so I can't remember if you got two leghorn eggs or not. They would be Leghorn/EE mix though, which is why they have fluffy cheeks. So really all of your chicks would be an EE mix except that Sumatra from the Sumatra egg.

And both of you, don't forget I'm getting blue and Silver Laced LF Cochins next month. So next year (after they grow and breed), I'll be able to trade some of those with either of you.

Is anyone interested in going in with me to order chicks from Meyers really soon? I live in Dawsonville near Amicalola Falls. Another lady is interested, too. Please let me know ASAP! I only want a few different pullets.

Did the white chicks both come from white eggs?

Well, you know the one from the Sumatra egg is pure Sumatra. The one from the blue egg is EE/Sumatra mix. The brown egg is the 1/4 Plymouth Rock, 3/4 EE. But I didn't think I still had both leghorn hens when you got the eggs, so I can't remember if you got two leghorn eggs or not. They would be Leghorn/EE mix though, which is why they have fluffy cheeks. So really all of your chicks would be an EE mix except that Sumatra from the Sumatra egg.

And both of you, don't forget I'm getting blue and Silver Laced LF Cochins next month. So next year (after they grow and breed), I'll be able to trade some of those with either of you.

Yes, both of them were from white eggs. I'm going to keep them in the big coop with the EEs from TSC. I'll worry about extra roos later :)

Oh, and my hen that I was hoping might give me blue eggs has instead decided on an odd color between pink and beige and with white flecks all over.

Great! I have one silver laced hen now but I'm not sure about breeding her. I ordered some eggs off eBay and only two hatched...a silver laced hen and a barred roo. Neither of them have very good type at all. They have very poor cushions and their foot feathers are awful. Most of my flock came from Star Cochins and are excellent birds. I may try to put the SL hen with my black roo and see if I can improve type. Really need to check the chicken calculator first to make sure I won't just be making a mess.

Oh and I still want to ask you some incubating questions...just been really busy. Hoping to find time tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom