YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    I hatched one little Welsummer chick from the shipped eggs I bought on BYC. She needs a boyfriend ;-)

2. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Ah, I see. So you actually wanted a Welsummer roo.

Roboduck was asking if you wanted that welsummer roo for the breed, or for some other reason. If it was another reason, he was offering you a different option. But it looks like you want a purebred Welsummer roo, so his replacement wouldn't be a good idea.

3. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    I am so sorry, I have no idea how I missed this! (Okay, I actually blame the goslings I was checking out that caught my attention for a moment.) WELCOME!

We sure do have a lot of people up in the mountain area!

4. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA

Thank you for translating ;-)

I think there's someone in Gainesville that will likely have some Welsummers later this summer, so I'm not too worried about that. It's the dorkings that I can't find anywhere...

5. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy. Hey, so..... how much (rough ballpark figure) do you think it would cost to wire our small garage addition? 3 outside outlets, 2 outlets on each inside wall, a couple of ballasts for fluorescent lighting, wiring a very small bathroom, maybe some floodlights. It's just a 21 x 23 area. I have almost everything we need to wire it, I just don't do electricity. (or plumbing or flooring or drywall or... pretty much anything else to do with construction) I'm generally the gopher for those who know what they're doing. Like I said, if I had to build for a living, I'd starve.

6. LingaB

LingaB Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Appling, GA

Newbie question.... Why are you putting PVC in the ground. Also are turkey's easy to raise? I'd only wAnt a couple so I can have Thanksgiving dinner.. And can the live in the pens with the chickens or will they need their own coop/run?

Thanks it's 8x16 with a 4 foot section for storage/brooder. The girls will have an 8x12 coop area.

7. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Lol, gas money :D

8. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  9. earthfriendlyfarm

earthfriendlyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    Ellijay
    Hey ChristyinGA, Jasper Natural Market is in downtown Jasper on Main Street. Used to be beside 61 Main Restaurant (really good local natural food) Their telephone number is 706-253-6933 for better directions. I order lots of bulk grains from Rachel or Sandy. And yes...I am a huge sprouter. I grow all the wheatgrass flats for our little Organic Farm in Ellijay. I get my certified Organic Red Hard Winter Wheatberries in #50 bags from them. I just ordered Rye and Kamut in bulk from them as well. Pretty good prices for a Natural Market. I have just begun sprouting our chickens feed as opposed to the dry pellets, grains seeds etc. They LOVE it. No corn or soy either. Do you sprout?

10. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    @LingaB I have to have somewhere to secure the hoops, so instead of weakening them by drilling and securing the hoops to the frame, cut PVC, put it in the ground and insert PVC hoops.
    I got a pair of grown turkeys, they're not too difficult as long as they have protection from the rain because they are stupid. Poukts, from what I've heard, are very fragile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by