1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    If you don't want her, I'll take her and that adorable fluff ball! ;)

2. christine9

christine9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    South Carolina

Like carcar said, space and shade. I raised mine also because the airflow underneath is supposed to help cool the inside. Does it really work? Who knows?!

3. christine9

christine9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    South Carolina
    I went through the trouble of making a pulley system that runs to the outside of the coop. I can stand outside the coop and open or close the chicken door on the inside. However it is always left open.

4. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
  5. ChickDancer

ChickDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2014
    Oh no, this one is a keeper! I've never seen a white-crested black silkie before. If I happen to get another of the opposite sex, you better believe I'll be doing some inbreeding there, lol!

Its just weird that I'm getting so many different colors! Oh, and add another two marks under the "white with black-tipped down" column. Got two more of those this morning!

6. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    I bet they're cuties though!!!

7. ChickDancer

ChickDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2014
    They are! I'm looking forward to crossing these "white" ones to see if I get a hidden color. But the white-crested black is one I definitely want to reproduce as-is!

8. SelinaBroklyn

SelinaBroklyn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2014
    Valdosta,GA
    Ok gotta nother question how do you post pics?

9. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    Looks nice out right now! Of course the one with the mussels isn't home for coop building..... grumble.

10. gardentlc

gardentlc Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2012
    Banks County GA here,

~~Hi! I have several Buff Rocks and a few Buff Orpingtons and they are all female. I need to find a rooster that is compatible with my hens that is still young but at least 5-6 months old, with a decent disposition. I live in the Northeast Georgia area, near Commerce, Cornelia and hope I can find someone nearby that has too many Roosters and would like to find a home for them. If anyone has one, please let me know. Thank you so much!

Tracy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by