YO GEORGIANS! :)

Speaking of hawks.. We saw a BIG OL' red tailed on the way home from church.. Scooping up a squirrel for lunch. Always awesome to see!
We have a mating pair (believe they are red-tailed, could be red-shouldered ... haven't look closely enough yet) on the farm. Found their nest, too. REALLY hope there are enough squirrels to keep them from having chicken for dinner.

Speaking of hawks.. We saw a BIG OL' red tailed on the way home from church.. Scooping up a squirrel for lunch. Always awesome to see!

I watched one two days ago scoping a couple out. It was fun to watch him stalk, move, stalk, move, then make his move.

We have a mating pair (believe they are red-tailed, could be red-shouldered ... haven't look closely enough yet) on the farm.  Found their nest, too.  REALLY hope there are enough squirrels to keep them from having chicken for dinner.
This was right behind our house, as our church is just up on the hill. So of course I pointed out, that could be a chicken! :p

Seriously, what has abmaddox given me? This is some kind of mutant silkie thing giving me all kinds of oddball offspring!

It APPEARS to be a solid black hen, and she is being bred to a solid white roo. While I am getting solid white chicks from the white hen, this black hen has yet to give me a solid black chick!

First was the partridge chick. Then came the white chick with black tipped down. And now, a color variety that is typically only seen on POLISH chickens:

Yes indeed - a white crested black SILKIE!

I've had this hen long enough that these babies should be from my own white roo now. So it could be bargain's lines throwing this in as well.

Both parents are correct type though - black skin, five toes, etc. Abmaddox has never owned polish chickens, and I don't think bargain has either.
So how in the world did I get a white-crested black silkie?? Lol!

Speaking of GAM..

My bator is now running perfect temp and 35-40% humidity. I know you think I'm crazY but I truly DO want to get my dozen from you. I HAVE to restore my faith.

Is today good? Tomorrow evening? Let me know. ;)

Last edited:
Speaking of GAM..

My bator is now running perfect temp and 35-40% humidity. I know you think I'm crazY but I truly DO want to get my dozen from you. I HAVE to restore my faith.

Is today good? Tomorrow evening? Let me know.
wink.png
I think we're planning a run over there in a bit to bring food for the hooved beasties. I'll bring the eggies, too.

Back
Top Bottom