YO GEORGIANS! :)

HEY!! HOLD EVERYTHING!!! I just realized the 18th was not one of the choices for April. It was the 4th and 11th. Our whole family is volunteering at a Camp Puzzle event on the 18th. We'll have to start over with a date. The 11th is out because of Cliff's event. So it's the 4th of April or it will have to be in May. I'm not sure how I got so confused. Sorry about that. As of right now we don't have anything going on in May so any Saturday in May is good for us. I think Cliff's events are the 2nd Saturday of each month so we'll rule out May 9th. So startingggggggg.... NOW..... everyone can decide what date is best and we'll go with a date the most people can do.

And anyone who is close and just wants to come visit can always PM us and arrange a time.

Robo, exactly which of those towns you have listed under your name do you actually live in? LOL I'm in Cedartown

:I had a police officer tell me once, if you're going to shoot someones dog in your yard, shoot to kill. Don't shoot it with a bb gun, they can get you for cruelty to animals for that, but I have the right to protect my property, even if it means killing the dog that belongs to the thoughtless neighbors!
I guess we had the same guy at our house bc that's what he said, verbatim.

I can't say I'm perfect with my own dog, but I can say she's not outside unless we are home. There are times she leaves the yard but it's not long til I'm on her case. Plus she's such a fraidy cat, she'd never go closer than 6ft to someone she doesn't know AND like, which is kind of a perfect storm with her. :gig

So I'll just continue my convo with myself since you folks apparently sleep on occasion.

I can't believe it- since I realized my hatch issues are my fault this time, I broke my own rule and assisted the last two that still seemed strong (ie, were internally pipped and chirping/tapping)..

When I went to bed they were both in a very awkward position, with a blow-out type hole in the side of the egg. I was having to mist them as they were of course becoming sticky but had lots to absorb yet. My assumption was that I would get up during the night to mist, then get them out this morning.

Well, at 3am I awakened to such a fuss.. Would you believe BOTH those jokers hatched, somehow, from the pitiful start I'd given them? :yay

Of COURSE, the Brahma is a cockerel I'm pretty sure.. But that's okay. I just hated I messed them up and I'm glad I was able to help.

60% is my final rate for this hatch. :oops:

HEY!! HOLD EVERYTHING!!!    I just realized the 18th was not one of the choices for April.  It was the 4th and 11th.    Our whole family is volunteering at a Camp Puzzle event on the 18th.   We'll have to start over with a date.  The 11th is out because of Cliff's event.  So it's the 4th of April or it will have to be in May.   I'm not sure how I got so confused. Sorry about that.  As of right now we don't have anything going on in May so any Saturday in May is good for us.  I think Cliff's events are the 2nd Saturday of each month so we'll rule out May 9th.  So startingggggggg.... NOW..... everyone can decide what date is best and we'll go with a date the most people can do.  

And anyone who is close and just wants to come visit can always PM us and arrange a time. 

Robo, exactly which of those towns you have listed under your name do you actually live in? LOL I'm in Cedartown

Our place sits on the Dallas/Temple line.

Went shopping today. 70 mpg estimated fuel economy and a 2 gal tank means i should spend between $4-6 in fuel every 9 days or so.

Have fun and be safe, enjoy the ride and the gas savings :) I'll be looking forward to your picture postings like we see from other countries with bags of feed, hay and wood chips tied all around it and a nice milk crate on the front for livestock. :) I would love to have one and enjoy the same savings but I would miss the cargo space my little PT has.

So i've got some huge news. My "cochin" that i gave away a few weeks ago because it was supposed to be a cochin rooster turned out to be a bantam brahma...your fat feather footed chick in picture 3 and 4 i believe is a dark or buff brahma bantam. So with that said it looks like a silkie, 2 cochins and a brahma.
Yup that seems to be the general response. They are just so darn cute and love to hop on my hand to feed. The little Mille thinks she is a duck so I named her Ducky. When ever she has the chance she likes to stand and fall asleep in the odd water dish I give them along with their nipple waterer. the others drink around her with out her moving a bit. She will fall asleep standing there and when she jerks awake just bends down and starts drinking. When I get her out and put her across the pen she runs like her tail is on fire to jump back in again and start the whole process over. Needless to say that is a blue moon thing as I don't like the germ factor with that practice.

I'm still in contact with your friend waiting for the Rooster to be productive at this point :) Very much looking forward to my little Mollteds.

Last edited:
So I'll just continue my convo with myself since you folks apparently sleep on occasion.

I can't believe it- since I realized my hatch issues are my fault this time, I broke my own rule and assisted the last two that still seemed strong (ie, were internally pipped and chirping/tapping)..

When I went to bed they were both in a very awkward position, with a blow-out type hole in the side of the egg. I was having to mist them as they were of course becoming sticky but had lots to absorb yet. My assumption was that I would get up during the night to mist, then get them out this morning.

Well, at 3am I awakened to such a fuss.. Would you believe BOTH those jokers hatched, somehow, from the pitiful start I'd given them? :yay

Of COURSE, the Brahma is a cockerel I'm pretty sure.. But that's okay. I just hated I messed them up and I'm glad I was able to help.

60% is my final rate for this hatch.
hide.gif
60% may not be what you hoped for but I am glad the wee ones you have are heathy and blessed to be born to someone that cares so much about them :)

Back
Top Bottom