YO GEORGIANS! :)

Are there any BYC Georgians near the Newnan area? And do you have any recommendations for a poultry vet? I got 2 little chickie poos with wry neck. There has been a slightly positive response to vitamin supplement treatment but it's touch and go. I do not want to hijack this thread( i have already posted a thread in the proper forum). I just need to know if any of my GA BYC neighbors can direct me to a vet JIC I need one. I am in Moreland, but Newnan is close by. Thanks in advance for your time and patience. :D

The vet I'll be using is in smyrna, but it's a pretty good one. RiverVeiw veterinary hospital off of Cobb Parkway.

Are there any BYC Georgians near the Newnan area? And do you have any recommendations for a poultry vet? I got 2 little chickie poos with wry neck. There has been a slightly positive response to vitamin supplement treatment but it's touch and go. I do not want to hijack this thread( i have already posted a thread in the proper forum). I just need to know if any of my GA BYC neighbors can direct me to a vet JIC I need one. I am in Moreland, but Newnan is close by. Thanks in advance for your time and patience. :D

Hi katiedarling! I live in Senoia and I have not been successful in locating a poultry vet near us. Most of them are in the Atlanta area from what I have read. I have never used a poultry vet but it is nice to know that there are some within reasonable driving distance. I hope that your chickies get better soon! A sick chick makes my heart sad.
sad.png

Hi katiedarling! I live in Senoia and I have not been successful in locating a poultry vet near us. Most of them are in the Atlanta area from what I have read. I have never used a poultry vet but it is nice to know that there are some within reasonable driving distance. I hope that your chickies get better soon! A sick chick makes my heart sad.
sad.png

Yes. I totally understand. those were the exact words I told my MIL. It hurts my heart. Blanche has improved dramatically. Mainly because she is not afraid of the dropper for the vitamin doses. She is now more upright than not, and as long as I don't leave her side, she seems alright. If I leave, she starts running in circles looking for me. LOL

Dorothy is still stargazing but is eating a lot. I have to go check her every now and then because she is still with Rose and Sophia. She freaks out when isolated, and if I put her with Blanche, it stresses Blanche out.

I had a feeling there may not be any poultry vets. If anything, I figured I'd find docs who work with exotics. I may give a call to my rabbit vet, if necessary , he's in Fayetteville. I can't remember if they work with birds or not. Thank you for your encouragement.
hugs.gif

Try a vet who treats large and small, as my vet does farm animals and she treats chickens but I'm sure you don't want to drive to Summerville for a vet trip.

LOL I don't think I know where Summerville even is! I think I have heard of it, but not sure if I'm confusing it with somewhere else. I grew up on the northeast side of Atl Metro area. We moved down here from just 8 miles outside ATL in Stone Mountain. I'm still getting to know everything that is down this aways.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom