YO GEORGIANS! :)

Papa Chaz where did you get your AM and how old are they? I got mine from a girl in AL but mine are all blacks. Been considering maybe trading my black cockerel for a blue so I can hatch both colors, but I can't decide. I can't wait for mine to mature- hers are so pretty. She says they may reach POL around June.

I got them from Justin Smithey, just above Calhoun. Smitheypoultry.com is his website. He has blue americaunas, wheaten americauanas and cream legbars. Real nice guy, I liked the looks of his setup.

He told me he'd be hatching till mid summer. I'm hoping upon all hopes that at least 4 or 5 of these turn out to be girls, funny, I grew up with all sisters, had all daughters, you'd think I'd WANT some boys around huh
lau.gif

ok I forgot to answer the how old they are. 6 of them are 6 weeks today, the other 2 are 5 weeks today. He hatches around 40 eggs every monday, I picked them up the last tuesday in Feb, the older ones were a week old, the other two were a day old.

Last edited:
I am so mad! Remember I said last night I sold a bunch of chicks. Well, I kept telling the man I was keeping this chick and that. I would put them in a separate place. Well, I guess not only did he end up with my frizzled NNs , but my polish mixes, too! The frizzles and the polish mixes are what I tried so hard to get! DH doesn't know one from the other, so when I was getting the man some change, he must have put those chicks in the box from my 'separate place'. He paid for 23 chicks and that is what he had, but he must have exchanged some while I was gone!

I could always hatch more, but it is such a hassle because DH complains about me hatching so many eggs......but you guys know that you have to hatch a bunch to get that special one of what you are really wanting! Right!?

So mad about the Polish mixes....they were growing out cute top hats!

I am so mad! Remember I said last night I sold a bunch of chicks. Well, I kept telling the man I was keeping this chick and that. I would put them in a separate place. Well, I guess not only did he end up with my frizzled NNs , but my polish mixes, too! The frizzles and the polish mixes are what I tried so hard to get! DH doesn't know one from the other, so when I was getting the man some change, he must have put those chicks in the box from my 'separate place'. He paid for 23 chicks and that is what he had, but he must have exchanged some while I was gone!

I could always hatch more, but it is such a hassle because DH complains about me hatching so many eggs......but you guys know that you have to hatch a bunch to get that special one of what you are really wanting! Right!?

So mad about the Polish mixes....they were growing out cute top hats!
sounds like you should send hubby after the change next time :) see, with us guys you have to be SPECIFIC!!!! some moreso than others

also, since he let your special ones get away, I'd dare him to say anything when you hatch a bunch more, LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom