YO GEORGIANS! :)

I want to see a video.
I second that!

. So, here we are. Waiting for doc to give me results of lyme panel. Hoping it's negative. For the time being, i have to wear my wrist brace almost 24/7 and she ordered me to wear elbow pads in the house so I can't keep whacking my elbow on the door frames while it is healing. (And it's hot as balls outside,yay.) She says it's possible nerve damage from the constant reinjury and if I don't protect it, it won't heal. The lyme panel was done because she's aware of my many tick bites and with the sudden onset of arthritis in my fingers and the loss of feeling in both hands she wants to rule it out. Oh, and my broken toe is a lot less swollen. Still purple. I guess the bright side is she didn't order me to wear a helmet.
1f602.png

Just got my first egg from my frizzled cochin. I don't even want to scramble it for my 1 year old. Even she may look at me like i'm crazy. Never had an egg this small yet.

I've been surfing Bass Pro for over an hour now.  I went to Cabela's today but being so far away from gator hunting grounds or salt water fishing they don't stock that type of equipment.  I figure the stores closer to the action will have the equipment.  But I would just as soon shop with a smaller business than the big box places if anyone knows of good ones in their south Georgia areas.

Amazon? Free 2 day shipping with a Prime account.

Yep...got my reel and line from Amazon. Got the rest of my stuff from huntinglight.com.

few pics to share today, some background first. Heard one of the hens raising cane this morning, went out to see what was up. Looking in the window, the smallest of the leghorns, which was the first hen to lay for me, is sitting on the roost, squawking toward the nest box. I eased the lid up, to see one of the other leghorns sitting in the middle nest box. I've seen the rooster mounting one of the other leghorns, and have been expecting any day to start getting two white eggs a day, figured today would be the day.

Went about my business, and went back down to the coop a bit later. Checking the run first, there were only 5 of the nine hens outside, so I opened the doors on the coop and looked in. One australorp on the floor, 3 chicken beaks sticking out of the nests. I eased inside to see who was where..........and got this pic:

so one aussie in the end nest, a white leghorn in the other two. Funny they're all using different boxes, I'm betting they'll all be using the same one soon enough. Anyway, had some stuff to do and came home and checked the nests, here's what I have:

large white egg in the end box. This is the nest she's pretty much used every day except the one time she laid it in the floor, and a medium sized brown in the middle box.....where the other leghorn was sitting, LOL

the medium brown in the middle, the lighter smaller brown egg like the two I got yesterday in the end box where the aussie had her head out smiling for the camera..........

but no other white egg. Not anywhere in the coop or run, so I guess she's feeling the need, but just doesn't have the goods yet......or maybe she needs a dose of castor oil
gig.gif

one more, of the three eggs together:

Always brightens my day to go out there and see eggs. :) I have 7 hens now, out of my three RIR'S two are now laying. On average I get from 4-6 eggs a day atm, unless you classify my double yolker as two. :D

I find it so hard to get RIR hatching eggs. I have an incubator and I would like to "Raise" RIR myself, but no one around seems to sell them for 3-5 a dozen. I found one person but they say 10 a dozen... it may just be me.. but that's pricy for eggs that may or may not hatch or be girls.

Just broke the news to the neighbor that i've got 3 turkeys. He took it well all things considering. I smoothed it over by mentioning i got rid of the rooster.

Always brightens my day to go out there and see eggs. :) I have 7 hens now, out of my three RIR'S two are now laying. On average I get from 4-6 eggs a day atm, unless you classify my double yolker as two. :D

I find it so hard to get RIR hatching eggs. I have an incubator and I would like to "Raise" RIR myself, but no one around seems to sell them for 3-5 a dozen. I found one person but they say 10 a dozen... it may just be me.. but that's pricy for eggs that may or may not hatch or be girls.

$10/dozen is good for RIR. I sell my mixed hatching eggs for $10/dozen and the second dozen for $5. But, if you can find a friend who has some for free, that would be even better! Probably be best if you just get yourself a free RIR rooster and have your own hatching eggs!

Back
Top Bottom