YO GEORGIANS! :)

Just set 14 of the most chocolate-y brown, marvelously large Blue Birchen Marans eggs. They turned up from Ohio today exquisitely packed & with the cutest little NPIP statement of sale. I'm just so excited!

IMG_2666.JPG

I also bought new shoes because...well, just because. :wee

Good luck to all my chickens friends who will be effected by Irma! It looks like that means most of us! Even we in the North Georgia mountains are supposed to get 60 mile an hour winds!
Thanks. We are on the I-16 evacuation route & now they're saying for us to expect flooding & heavy rains. Our exits are flooded with people already & the stores are out of water. A lot of gas stations are out, too. Just went down to my grow out coop & found my sweet jubilee orp chick dead. I'm just so sad. It was the prettiest little thing. :hitThe chicken life is a roller coaster.

Thanks. We are on the I-16 evacuation route & now they're saying for us to expect flooding & heavy rains. Our exits are flooded with people already & the stores are out of water. A lot of gas stations are out, too. Just went down to my grow out coop & found my sweet jubilee orp chick dead. I'm just so sad. It was the prettiest little thing. :hitThe chicken life is a roller coaster.
Awe man, that sucks. So sad for you! Hope we will all weather the storm.

So, I went to the Farmers Market today to sell eggs.....it was so dead today! Almost nobody came! Only sold 6 dozen. I guess everyone is watching the hurricane news!

So, what do you do when nobody comes to the Market and its located in the Tractor Supply parking lot? You go in and buy 6 more chicks!!! Yep, I got 3 California Whites and 3 Isa Browns. Suppose to give you extra large eggs. Add those to the 6 Ayam Cermani's I got from Bruce (and 1 rooster) to my already 70+ chickens, I am thinking I have a full house! May sell some of my 8 month old purebred Brahmas. They aren't laying yet and if they are like my other Brahmas, may only lay Medium eggs. What's gonna happen next spring when I will want to hatch eggs?

I am in Southeast GA, close to Hamilton, I just finished a old mobile home, that i made into a chicken coop. With Irma set to hit here as well, Im worried about them, It is pretty sturdy, the inside walls are lined with pallet wood, with 2x4's as braces behind it, and I have a large tin overhang in front that is attached to a large cement porch with 4x4's. I am going to put a very large tarp over the tin overhand and lash it down with tie straps on the front and back. is there anything else ya'll would suggest that I do to keep my girls safe?? They have roost of course. I'm bringing in my 2 chicks and my 2 special needs girls that are in the smaller coop

I had a broody that hatched 6 chicks, she left 2 eggs in the box so I candled them and one was pretty far along and kicking and the other well not so far along but I put them into the bator with my other eggs and I figured I'd try and stop turning the eggs for a day to let the one hatch, well guess it had other ideas cause I have a chirping baby this morning so healthy, and the others don't stop turning till the 14th.

So, I went to the Farmers Market today to sell eggs.....it was so dead today! Almost nobody came! Only sold 6 dozen. I guess everyone is watching the hurricane news!

So, what do you do when nobody comes to the Market and its located in the Tractor Supply parking lot? You go in and buy 6 more chicks!!! Yep, I got 3 California Whites and 3 Isa Browns. Suppose to give you extra large eggs. Add those to the 6 Ayam Cermani's I got from Bruce (and 1 rooster) to my already 70+ chickens, I am thinking I have a full house! May sell some of my 8 month old purebred Brahmas. They aren't laying yet and if they are like my other Brahmas, may only lay Medium eggs. What's gonna happen next spring when I will want to hatch eggs?
I'm about in the same shape as you after adding the 7 adult silkies and the the two silky chicks from Bruce .that put me at 40+ chickens most aren't old.enough to lay yet some just starting to lay.and my coops are not as elaborate as yours most of mine are bantums but in my layer pen there are 12 layers and 2 roos. In the Bantum coop and run there are 6 roos and I think 5 of the chicks are cockerals. In a pin in the back yard are.two more Cochin cockerals because they are so agressive with the girls. 15 of my chickens are male not including the silkie roos. Guess what! we will have chicken soup galore this winter unless I can rehome some of these cockerals and roos.

Back
Top Bottom