YO GEORGIANS! :)

The only thing about my campus at this collage is that there is no gardens or farm here so I’m slowly going insane with out seeing baby chicks or chickens. There isn’t even a Tractor supply to sneak a peak at chicks.

I need a comfort chicken here... I’m hearing phantom crows
Here's a chick pic for you.
20180323_215849.jpg

The only thing about my campus at this collage is that there is no gardens or farm here so I’m slowly going insane with out seeing baby chicks or chickens. There isn’t even a Tractor supply to sneak a peak at chicks.

I need a comfort chicken here... I’m hearing phantom crows
Follow our farm page on Facebook. You'll get pictures of lots of furry and feathered critters.
https://www.facebook.com/LongLeafGeorgia/

Can anyone help me out thankfully the ducklings are still in the kitchen last night I brought in all the pups (6) because my boxer mutt went crazy went outside and the hunters were going nuts turns out there were 4 or 5 couldn't be 100% sure how many I know I saw 4 coyotes running from my front yard through the back and into the woods!!! Normally I'd just shoot the 1 or 2 that run through. But sadly I can't kill them all there will always be more :( any suggestions?? I brought the pups in because they are little right now and no match for 1 yote let alone 4 or 5! Eventually everyone has to move outside!!! Pups, ducks, chicks (getting them this weekend :) ) etc! I plan to sit out with the guns tonight but like I said there will always be more any advice for a making them not want to be here?

Since coyotes are the top predator here nothing will stop them from an easy meal. Pens are the.only way I know to keep other things safe. They can be big pens though. Sorry, trappers are good to have around as well.

Well my golden sex link girls' production is falling off, so I went and got their replacements yesterday. I wanted 6 RIR & 6 BA, but they didn't have any Australorps at the feed store I use and didn't know if they'd get any. They basically take whatever female brown egg layers the hatchery sends them, so I got my 6 RIR and 6 barred rocks. I'm trying the "mama heating pad" this time instead of the red heat lamp and it seemed to work great last night. They all went under there and slept quietly all night and come out ready to take on the world this morning when I cut the light on. :) I ordered this seed starter heating pad from Amazon with digital thermostat and so far it seems to be working well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016MKY7C8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I was going to buy one of those galvanized tanks at TS for my brooder, but just couldn't see spending a buck and a half for the size I wanted, so I just built my brooder out of ripped-down 2x4's and coroplast signs I had at the house. The panels will just screw apart when I'm finished and I can store it flat. It's 18"Wx54"Lx18"H.
MHP.jpg
Brooder 2.jpg
Brooder 3.jpg
Brooder 1.jpg

Last edited:
Goat droppings make great fertilizer...
Well my golden sex link girls' production is falling off, so I went and got their replacements yesterday. I wanted 6 RIR & 6 BA, but they didn't have any Australorps at the feed store I use and didn't know if they'd get any. They basically take whatever female brown egg layers the hatchery sends them, so I got my 6 RIR and 6 barred rocks. I'm trying the "mama heating pad" this time instead of the red heat lamp and it seemed to work great last night. They all went under there and slept quietly all night and come out ready to take on the world this morning when I cut the light on. :) I ordered this seed starter heating pad from Amazon with digital thermostat and so far it seems to be working well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016MKY7C8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I was going to buy one of those galvanized tanks at TS for my brooder, but just couldn't see spending a buck and a half for the size I wanted, so I just built my brooder out of ripped-down 2x4's and coroplast signs I had at the house. The panels will just screw apart when I'm finished and I can store it flat. It's 18"Wx54"Lx18"H. View attachment 1328216 View attachment 1328212 View attachment 1328214 View attachment 1328215
That's a great little set-up. Where did you get that idea? I have an outdoor brooder, so I've always used a 250 watt infrared heat lamp. It can get pretty cold here at night in the mountains. I wonder if that would work for me? I saw where it said energy efficient, but didn't see the electrical specs anywhere. Have you put a thermometer in there to see what the temp is? I LIKE IT!:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom