YO GEORGIANS! :)

DSC_0165.JPG
DSC_0162.JPG

I let my Lakenvelders free range today. They have turned the woods around here upside down. I had a hard time getting a good picture of them, because they are very active. I have 20 in the incubator and with my other eggs, my incubator is full. I have been collecting fertile eggs all week and have 11 at the moment. I can't incubate them, so if anyone is interested in them, let me know. They need to be set ASAP. I hate to see them become breakfast. They are not a very large chicken, about the size of Leghorns. They lay a medium to large lightly tinted white egg. They are a good layer.

Ugh! Still no baby goats! We put up an alert camera a few days ago. Last night it went off literally every 3-5 minutes! The goat did not sleep all night. I saw contractions! But nothing yet! At least I was able to stay comfortable in bed watching the 8 million mini videos of my goat walking in circles, watching her stomach ball up, getting up and down....all night long! Have to say it was better than having to do that out in the goat house! But, I need a nap!

View attachment 1320651 View attachment 1320656
I let my Lakenvelders free range today. They have turned the woods around here upside down. I had a hard time getting a good picture of them, because they are very active. I have 20 in the incubator and with my other eggs, my incubator is full. I have been collecting fertile eggs all week and have 11 at the moment. I can't incubate them, so if anyone is interested in them, let me know. They need to be set ASAP. I hate to see them become breakfast. They are not a very large chicken, about the size of Leghorns. They lay a medium to large lightly tinted white egg. They are a good layer.
I would take the eggs in a heartbeat, but I promised DH not to hatch anything else! I do have the duck eggs in the bator, due April 22, but I'm done for a while. Plus, Im getting new chicks in June. Do you want to borrow my incubator?

I would take the eggs in a heartbeat, but I promised DH not to hatch anything else! I do have the duck eggs in the bator, due April 22, but I'm done for a while. Plus, Im getting new chicks in June. Do you want to borrow my incubator?
Thank you. I would take you up on that offer, but I do have another incubator. I let my grandson and his friend use it to hatch some game hen eggs. I did that so that the temptation to get "hatch crazy" would be minimized. My brooder is almost overcrowded, and 38 more eggs due to hatch in 2 weeks. I appreciate the offer, I know how much your equipment means to you, Thank you. I'm going to hold on to these eggs for a couple more days and if no one wants them, they will probably wind up pickled. I'm not planning on hatching anymore chickens this year, but I hope to hatch some guineas next month. I have a mated pair, but the hen hasn't layed the first egg yet. I hope to find some eggs someplace else. If you know anyone close by with guinea eggs, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom