YO GEORGIANS! :)

I saw the FB post, Becky. You're a very good midwife. I guess you can sneak a bit of a nap in with kid watch down to one goat now. Adorable kids and a good mama.

Yea, I was about to go to bed early and thought I would check the other pregnant goat since she was due today! Yep, she has lost her ligaments and will probably deliver tonight or early morning! Another sleepless night! At least all the old rags have been washed and are ready!

:wee
Anybody on BYC live in Georgia?
I'm gonna make a list of Georgians below! Let's get the LONGEST list possible! Each name counts one point, and mods or staff are worth 5 points!

Georgians' names collected so far:
1. SeramaSweetie
2. Pumpkinpup
3. porteryork
4. rooster-red
5. jonbanks
6. Chix-in-GA
7. mazdacrzy
8. Missouri chick
9. bantyman
10. 1acrefarm
11. EggCentric
12. poohevans
13. mattmatt's-momma
14. newnanchic
15. soonerdog
16. bargain
17. asa
18. key west chick
19. rays123
20. Granolamom
21. Lupa
22. PunkërTeçhñöRøø§ter
23. AnnMarie12
24. GaDawg
25. 2chickenrich
26. embkm
27. Los Pollitos
29. katrek
30. oegblady
31. spotnapp
32. teresac
33. Lmarie
34. speckledhen (MOD= 5 pts!)
35. dawg53
36. featherfooted
37. Hellvagirl

POINTS COLLECTED:
41. Wow!
ya.gif
So Many!
yippiechickie.gif
Hello from northwest GA!!

Wooo, what a crazy time! Last night I was in bed and noticed that the low battery signal was showing on our motion alert camera in the goat birthing room. I knew I wouldn't sleep without being able to monitor the goats. Sooo, at 11 pm, I got out of bed and went to the goat house with fresh batteries. As I entered, I noticed our second pregnant goat, Bailey, was in active labor. I went back to the house and changed into 'birthing' clothes and woke my DH up. I ran back to the goat house. My husband barely got there in time for the first one to be born! We live videoed it on Facebook: Bear Ridge Lodge again. The first one was scary because the baby had one leg and nose out, but the other leg was back against his body. So, I ended up kind of pulling the baby out. Bailey had beautiful twins......both boys. :thSo between the two goats, we have 3 boys and 1 girl. Can anyone tell me how much to charge for boys and girls? One mother is a registered Nigerian Dwarf, one a Toggleburg/Pygmy
IMG_8755.JPG
IMG_8749.JPG
mix. The dad is a Nigerian Dwarf/Pgymy mix.

Wooo, what a crazy time! Last night I was in bed and noticed that the low battery signal was showing on our motion alert camera in the goat birthing room. I knew I wouldn't sleep without being able to monitor the goats. Sooo, at 11 pm, I got out of bed and went to the goat house with fresh batteries. As I entered, I noticed our second pregnant goat, Bailey, was in active labor. I went back to the house and changed into 'birthing' clothes and woke my DH up. I ran back to the goat house. My husband barely got there in time for the first one to be born! We live videoed it on Facebook: Bear Ridge Lodge again. The first one was scary because the baby had one leg and nose out, but the other leg was back against his body. So, I ended up kind of pulling the baby out. Bailey had beautiful twins......both boys. :thSo between the two goats, we have 3 boys and 1 girl. Can anyone tell me how much to charge for boys and girls? One mother is a registered Nigerian Dwarf, one a Toggleburg/Pygmy View attachment 1323929 View attachment 1323930 mix. The dad is a Nigerian Dwarf/Pgymy mix.
Those are beautiful kids.:clapI would love to have one, but since they are herding animals, one would be unhappy by itself. I've seen bucks go anywhere from $60.00 to $200.00. I guess it depends on what breed they are. I don't know much about goat breeds. OH CRAP! I just caught myself thinking about where I could build a goat house. They are Beautiful.:love

Those are beautiful kids.:clapI would love to have one, but since they are herding animals, one would be unhappy by itself. I've seen bucks go anywhere from $60.00 to $200.00. I guess it depends on what breed they are. I don't know much about goat breeds. OH CRAP! I just caught myself thinking about where I could build a goat house. They are Beautiful.:love

I know, right! They came from my registered Nigerian Dwarf....but the dad is a Nigerian Dwarf/Pygmy mix. I would have been so tempted to keep a girl. Now, they are all up for sale!

Wooo, what a crazy time! Last night I was in bed and noticed that the low battery signal was showing on our motion alert camera in the goat birthing room. I knew I wouldn't sleep without being able to monitor the goats. Sooo, at 11 pm, I got out of bed and went to the goat house with fresh batteries. As I entered, I noticed our second pregnant goat, Bailey, was in active labor. I went back to the house and changed into 'birthing' clothes and woke my DH up. I ran back to the goat house. My husband barely got there in time for the first one to be born! We live videoed it on Facebook: Bear Ridge Lodge again. The first one was scary because the baby had one leg and nose out, but the other leg was back against his body. So, I ended up kind of pulling the baby out. Bailey had beautiful twins......both boys. :thSo between the two goats, we have 3 boys and 1 girl. Can anyone tell me how much to charge for boys and girls? One mother is a registered Nigerian Dwarf, one a Toggleburg/Pygmy View attachment 1323929 View attachment 1323930 mix. The dad is a Nigerian Dwarf/Pgymy mix.
I don't know the going price, but I sell my girls for $75-100 and boys from $50-100. I bought my registered mini lamancha does as a kids for $150 each. Their kids aren't registered. That's the most I've paid for a kid. The least I've paid is $50. Mini lamanchas and boer mixes is what I have.

Back
Top Bottom