YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hey GA people!!

I just want to warn y'all that someone in the Atlanta area is using one of my photos as an advertisement for their hatching eggs on CL! So, unless this person is coming to my house in TX and getting the eggs out from under my hens, this is fraudulent advertising. I've asked them to remove my photo but as of yesterday afternoon it was still up.

The photo they are using is like the one in my avatar.

Please beware!!

I saw that ad and remember thinking what a great picture it was. Funny thing is, I was searching for Cochin chicks yesterday and saw the same picture on a breeders FB page. I wondered if it was a free stock photo just being used by whoever.

I also saw where a breeder, having over 4000 friends on FB, is accessing uploaded pictures of friends' chickens and using them in ads.

Weird to see this twice in two days.

Last edited:
While I don't like if it's on a blog page, I will allow it IF they give me photo credit. But to use it to sell their items, is just fraud.

I'll search FB and see if I can find it there.

Thanks.

Hey GA people!!

I just want to warn y'all that someone in the Atlanta area is using one of my photos as an advertisement for their hatching eggs on CL! So, unless this person is coming to my house in TX and getting the eggs out from under my hens, this is fraudulent advertising. I've asked them to remove my photo but as of yesterday afternoon it was still up.

Please beware!!

If it's who I think it is, I've seen their ads a lot on CL and they've been known to use others photos to sell their own chicks and eggs. It came up in the Ameraucana thread that this individual also used pictures of chicks from breeder John Blehm. I would doubt that any of the pictures on their ads are their own.

Hey GA people!!

Please beware!!
I saw that ad, too. I knew it wasn't hers because I have seen it on the internet before. I want to tell you that for about a year, I have used your wonderful photo as my wallpaper on my computer. Is that ok? I don't use it for anything other than to look at it and dream of a basket of eggs like yours! It inspires me! I have gone out of my way to get certain chicks that can give me all those wonderful colored eggs! I was almost there when a bear broke the door off my coop and killed 7 chickens! Ugh! My new chicks come next week! Welsummer and Barnevelder for dark eggs, (my Wheaton Marans is almost at POL), I have blue egg layers that are now 12 weeks old, my green egg layers are laying well. I even lost most of my normal brown egg layers! So, my new chicks also include a RIR, Speckled Sussex, Salmon Faverolle, Black Australorp, and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I have a Polish and a brown Leghorn for white eggs. An EE is giving me some pale brown (looks pinkish) eggs. So, almost there! Hope you don't mind me using your photo as a wallpaper. Thanks for the inspiration!

While I don't like if it's on a blog page, I will allow it IF they give me photo credit.  But to use it to sell their items, is just fraud.

I'll search FB and see if I can find it there.

Thanks.

You can copy the image's URL and go to google and type in search by image and paste it there and find where it's been used at. This only works if your on a computer.

GeekySheep - I hope the other guy did what I'm doing. I'm sure he also felt bad that people are being tricked. I posted a fraud warning on the ATL CL and used my photo so that people would know.

Flower - You can most certainly use the photo as wallpaper for your computer. That makes my girls proud! Keep me posted when your ladies all start to lay.

JHarper - Thanks for that info. The picture has been around since 2009 so it will be interesting to see what comes up!

If I remember correctly, there is a thread for posting egg photos in '09. It was really wonderful to see the LOVE that came through everyone's photos! I need to go back and see if it's still going, only THIS time encourage everyone to watermark their photos...which someone said I should have done...dumb me.

Thanks for the info! For anyone reading this who DID buy from this swindler, I'm very sorry.

These are my new Birds!!!! Thanks to "The Chick Inn Keeper". He told me he got his right from Terry Mitchell. I will tell you this Carroll Abbott has got his stuff together and is chicken show it. Check him out he is located in Thomaston Georgia.

Wow! They are beautiful!! What kind are they? Love the colors...

These are my new Birds!!!! Thanks to "The Chick Inn Keeper". He told me he got his right from Terry Mitchell. I will tell you this Carroll Abbott has got his stuff together and is chicken show it. Check him out he is located in Thomaston Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom