YO GEORGIANS! :)

Bigdaddyjts1, just moved to Locust Grove, Ga and finally have enough land to have some Chickens! Just started my flock with (1) Golden Comet, (1) barred Rock and (1) Buff Orpington. I am in love already.
Welcome to BYC. You have some pretty gals there. Warning- they are addictive! I started with 8 less than a year ago and now have 35 and 20 eggs in the incubator! I also have 7 ducks- I just can't stop!!

Welcome to BYC. You have some pretty gals there. Warning- they are addictive! I started with 8 less than a year ago and now have 35 and 20 eggs in the incubator! I also have 7 ducks- I just can't stop!!
Especially if you hang around here. I started with just backyard mutt chickens and have now added Serama's and a few game hens to my flock and come spring we will be adding Orpigntons, marans, red and black sex links, and (thanks to someone here *cough flowerbh cough*) a few polish hens for my mother whom is in love with them. The more chickens you get the more breeds you add to your wish list lol

Especially if you hang around here. I started with just backyard mutt chickens and have now added Serama's and a few game hens to my flock and come spring we will be adding Orpigntons, marans, red and black sex links, and (thanks to someone here *cough flowerbh cough*) a few polish hens for my mother whom is in love with them. The more chickens you get the more breeds you add to your wish list lol
So true! I come here everyday and find some breed that I would love to have and add to my list. Oh I can't wait til spring!
Do you have pics of your game hens? I'd love to see them

So true! I come here everyday and find some breed that I would love to have and add to my list. Oh I can't wait til spring!
Do you have pics of your game hens? I'd love to see them

5 months old game hen cross female.

5 month old game cock cross.

Our random wheaten game hen that we took in.

She's a hard bugger to get a picture of.

always on the move

5 months old game hen cross female.

5 month old game cock cross.

Our random wheaten game hen that we took in.

She's a hard bugger to get a picture of.

always on the move
They are beautiful! I have never seen one like the first pic- love to have a few of those for sure. That last gal looks like she is always in a hurry or very camera shy!
Here's a few of my crew

Wish me luck- going to put my eggs in lockdown. I get so nervous and anxious, I just want them all to hatch and be healthy. Friday at 5:30 is day 21. I won't sleep after tomorrow night, can't take my eyes off the 'bator
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom