YO GEORGIANS! :)

I thought that a true EE came from a Hen or Rooster Ameraucana mixed with another breed.

Ugh! I quoted the wrong one. Sorry.

That is my understanding Vallychicks. An EE has the thick neck like an Ameraucana, the green legs (commonly), and the pea comb. An Ameraucana + other breed = EE be it a blue egger, olive, pink, what not.

I am not sure what Cream Legbars mixed with other breeds would be called, the color combos do make sense though!

Took out over a dozen eggs that where scrambled or clear over the last few days. I have a staggered hatch going on. Never tried this before!

This is what is in there now! (including some blue eggs from the cream legbars mentioned before!)

Would you wash the dirty egg?

Love all the colors!

That is my understanding Vallychicks. An EE has the thick neck like an Ameraucana, the green legs (commonly), and the pea comb. An Ameraucana + other breed = EE be it a blue egger, olive, pink, what not.

I am not sure what Cream Legbars mixed with other breeds would be called, the color combos do make sense though!
EE is pretty much any chicken that carries the blue egg gene.

We're in Athens! Go Dawgs!
Woot! A fellow Dawgs fan. I like you already.
woot.gif

So I got 3 eggs yesterday. Woot Woot. That means 4 of the 7 are laying. I suspect the 4 layers are 3 RRs and the 1 Cornish Rock. That means my barred rock and 2 Americana/EEs are the late bloomers. Cant wait to get a colored egg.

I know I haven't been on much, but I have been busy here at the house. I have so many projects that must get done before winter sets in. I dilly dallied around last yr and winter was here before I knew it. Abmaddox is here alot so I get alot of help. Didn't expect my garden to do as well as it has with all the rain, I spend most of my time canning!! But im Not complaining. Ok enough sitting around. Hope everyone is doing well. :D

So I got 3 eggs yesterday. Woot Woot. That means 4 of the 7 are laying. I suspect the 4 layers are 3 RRs and the 1 Cornish Rock. That means my barred rock and 2 Americana/EEs are the late bloomers. Cant wait to get a colored egg.
Congrats! It's agony waiting on one to start laying. How big are the Cornish Rock eggs? What color?

Back
Top Bottom