YO GEORGIANS! :)

Yeah, as long as she'll let you help for a bit I bet they'll get the hang of it. Mine was so funny, she'd get two out of three in.. She would stand in the doorway calling to the third who just_didn't_get it. So she would hop back out and try to show/talk the confused one through it.. meantime the first two would think she was calling them OUT and we were back at square one..
lau.gif
So did she ever figure out a way to help you learn?

So today a hawk or falcon was on top of the fully covered run of the hen and her chicks just watching them and trying to figure out how to get in. The hen was freaking out! So tonight we found her in the coop with 3 of the 9 chicks. She was sleeping.... I bet she tried hard with those other 6. So we helped the other 6 get in. Goodness I am glad all our small chickens are in coops/runs that are fully covered. Most of our flock free ranges in their open run!
Oh wow!! Yep, poor thing I bet she did try hard! I'm glad you got the rest in. :) Can you close them up in there with food and water for a few days or is that a no-go?

So did she ever figure out a way to help you learn?
I tried but I kept getting stuck once my waist got to the door!! :idunno

Ok, I have too many chickens/ chicks. I need to get down to about 25. How do I decide who to keep? I would feel bad about getting rid of my original chickens, but they don't lay as well as the newbies. What should i do? I have lots of babies I need to find homes for! Does anyone need some Olive eggers?

Ok, I have too many chickens/ chicks. I need to get down to about 25. How do I decide who to keep? I would feel bad about getting rid of my original chickens, but they don't lay as well as the newbies. What should i do? I have lots of babies I need to find homes for! Does anyone need some Olive eggers?
I want some Olive Eggers so badly!! But I've got two Marans chicks that i'll be bringing home soon and my baby bantams in addition to my 9 other girls....and i live in a Neighborhood! Ha!! Sigh. Wish I could help you! I KNOW there are lots of folks out there looking though...have you tried Craigslist? If I hear of anyone, I'll send them your way.

Maybe...How old? Oh jeeze chicken math...

@RoboDuck a few weeks back you shared an ad from an online market in Georgia that is similar to Craigslist. I can not remember the name of the market. Could you please let me know the name of the market or the site?
I've linked this one a couple of times... http://www.gon.com/marketplace/ It's a hunting site but people occasionally list chickens and other farm animals.

Now that I have proven Carcar wrong, yet again, is there anything else anyone would like to know?

Maybe...How old? Oh jeeze chicken math...

I have 10 chicks that were just hatched last week. They were EE/Marans mixes and some are Marans mixes (wheatens and BCM). I also have one male Crested Cream Legbar chick. So, they would give you either olive eggs or chocolate eggs. The CCL carries a blue egg gene.

I also have some 6 week old chicks. I have some rare cuckoo silkies, a black Orpington, a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte (black version), a splash Orpington and a blue/gold Brahma. I have over 35 adult chickens and need to get them down to about 25. Ugh. If you would like some of these chicks p,m me and I will send you my phone #!

Anyone else interested?

Back
Top Bottom