YO GEORGIANS! :)

Here is a photo of the tiny mystery egg:

I will be interested to see if your 1st egg from the silkie is fertile. Do you have males for them and have you seen them 'do' anything? It is usually not a good idea to try to hatch first eggs,....they are 1) usually not fertile and 2) are too immature to develop correctly. Hopefully, you will have some cute chickies hatching soon! Let us know!

I will be interested to see if your 1st egg from the silkie is fertile. Do you have males for them and have you seen them 'do' anything? It is usually not a good idea to try to hatch first eggs,....they are 1) usually not fertile and 2) are too immature to develop correctly. Hopefully, you will have some cute chickies hatching soon! Let us know!

I have had some great luck with first eggs actually but I know logically it is not the best idea. Curiosity gets the better of me sometimes!

We have seen a young EE roo on top of both the sizzle and the cochin!

Last edited:
So one of my regular customers came in today who always talks to me about chickens came in today. His birds were 16 weeks and coming up on POL age. Last night something ripped the bottom 2 planks of his lap siding off the coop and 2 of his birds were dead but in tact and 1 was missing. From all evidence gathered from his information and his pictures we can only come up with a weasel. First time i've heard of a weasel attack in Georgia but that's the only thing we can figure.

So one of my regular customers came in today who always talks to me about chickens came in today. His birds were 16 weeks and coming up on POL age. Last night something ripped the bottom 2 planks of his lap siding off the coop and 2 of his birds were dead but in tact and 1 was missing. From all evidence gathered from his information and his pictures we can only come up with a weasel. First time i've heard of a weasel attack in Georgia but that's the only thing we can figure.
Sorry to hear about the weasel. What area of GA do you live? I have heard of weasel attacks but can't remember what state.

I hear about them frequently just can't believe they are in Georgia also. I feel bad for the guy because he's had these birds since chicks and then right here when he should be watching for his first eggs he is back to square 1. He is in Henry County. The bottom two boards were completely ripped from the coop walls. Approximately 6 nails per board.

I hear about them frequently just can't believe they are in Georgia also. I feel bad for the guy because he's had these birds since chicks and then right here when he should be watching for his first eggs he is back to square 1. He is in Henry County. The bottom two boards were completely ripped from the coop walls. Approximately 6 nails per board.
I didn't know weasels were so strong. I know raccoons are smart, pretty strong and can do some serious damage.

The difference between the raccoon and the weasel is the raccoon rips the head and neck off whereas the weasel bites the neck and drinks the blood.

A weasel is a rare bird indeed in georgia. Also being the size of a rat I highly doubt that it tore off two pieces of lap siding. My money is on canine or coon in that order.

Have your friend call if he would like a professional opinion.

Back
Top Bottom