YO GEORGIANS! :)

There are two pairs of strange ducks here this morning. I canNOT get them to come in clearly with the binoculars- it's really weird lol. I told hubby maybe they're aliens.

Anyway, with this pitifully blurry pic (taken thru binocs just to show general pattern) does anyone care to take a guess? They are considerably smaller than my Mallards, swift/active swimmers and when I can make them out more clearly it seems they have the pointed "crests" behind their heads

So to update on the mystery guests, hubby says they were still here yesterday and said he got an up close look at them. He said, "they had a white stripe on their face and a puffy head."

So I showed him a pic of what I had thought they might be and he said, "that's them."

So I think they are Ruddy Ducks!

And oh how I WISH they would stay for breeding season. Look what the males look like!

..except they are apparently super-aggressive..

Howdy neighbor.

Hmmm ... I have some waterfowl that I need to get rid of. Not sure I'll have a chance to make "throw away" cages, though.

I have both and have no strong feeling either way.

I'm looking around for some cages now. Might need a trip to Dollar Tree for laundry baskets.
Or I could use cat litter buckets, just hate to waste them.

There are two pairs of strange ducks here this morning. I canNOT get them to come in clearly with the binoculars- it's really weird lol. I told hubby maybe they're aliens.

Anyway, with this pitifully blurry pic (taken thru binocs just to show general pattern) does anyone care to take a guess? They are considerably smaller than my Mallards, swift/active swimmers and when I can make them out more clearly it seems they have the pointed "crests" behind their heads

So to update on the mystery guests, hubby says they were still here yesterday and said he got an up close look at them. He said, "they had a white stripe on their face and a puffy head."

So I showed him a pic of what I had thought they might be and he said, "that's them."

So I think they are Ruddy Ducks!

And oh how I WISH they would stay for breeding season. Look what the males look like!

..except they are apparently super-aggressive..

Super aggressive....LOL!!!! 3 1/2 pounds of pure fury... That's like worrying about a bantam rooster attacking. Ain't nothing a good punting can't fix. :D

Back
Top Bottom