YO GEORGIANS! :)

Help please!
Hi folks...One of my 18-week-old pullets has what I think is a breathing problem. When she inhales there is a raspy growl type sound and when she exhales it sounds like a kitten meowing. I gave her a little Nutri-Drench by mouth and I swabbed some VetRX into the roof of her mouth and the Q-tip came out with a little blood on it. I have her isolated but really don't know what to treat her for. If you know anything about her symptoms or how to treat her, please reply. This is my first sick chicken. Thanks!

What a lot of babies! Did you hatch them, buy them, or order them?
[COLOR=FF0000]Help please![/COLOR] Hi folks...One of my 18-week-old pullets has what I think is a breathing problem. When she inhales there is a raspy growl type sound and when she exhales it sounds like a kitten meowing. I gave her a little Nutri-Drench by mouth and I swabbed some VetRX into the roof of her mouth and the Q-tip came out with a little blood on it. I have her isolated but really don't know what to treat her for. If you know anything about her symptoms or how to treat her, please reply. This is my first sick chicken. Thanks!
I've never had that happen to mine before! Granted, I'm still kind of a newbie. It sounds almost like (in my unprofessional opinion) something is stuck in her airway. I would post it on the sick/injured chicken help forum! See what more experienced folks think. Good luck and let us know! In the mean time it probably wouldn't hurt to bring her in and/or isolate her from the flock. Maybe give her a little heat if it's getting cold in your part of Georgia yet.

Back
Top Bottom