YO GEORGIANS! :)

Someone posted this on Facebook......
lice.jpg

My son and I both tried those on. You just can't go through life worrying about what *might* happen. LOL Also, here are a couple of him in the bike section a while back.....

Helmet 1.jpg

Helmet 2.jpg

Yeah...... his students love him. LOL

Hey @katsdar , nice to see that some of those hatching eggs hatched for you! The eggs marked MAB were from Mabel, the darker Mottled Orpington girl of the two I got from @Flowerbh awhile back. I didn't have Mabel in a breeder pen, so her baby is a mix. The daddy is either a FBCM (Skeeter or Flower) or one of the Chocolate Orp boys.

The unmarked hatching eggs were laid by Chocolate Orp girls. Again, I didn't have them in breeder pens, so they were fertilized by either a FBCM or by a Chocolate Orp.

One hatching egg I found under an Indian Hawthorne bush, and I think I penciled in a question mark (?) on it. It was laid by an Orpington girl (Mottled or Chocolate) and was fertilized by either a FBCM or a Chocolate Orp.

I sure miss my chickens, and this move has not been the best experience. We very well may be moving back to our former house. I'll keep you posted.

I am having sucky fertility lately or maybe my Adore is just not setting very well. She started with 7 eggs and is down to one. Two eggs disappeared/got eaten. Only one egg was infertile. The rest were dead at one point or another. Last time she didn't hatch any of the eggs she sat on and I gave her a few day olds. I think I need to scrub out the coop and do a fecal float. We'll see if this last one hatches. It's due to hatch in a few days.

20170918_144533.jpg

So this sweetheart of a Jersey Giant will be joining my family tomorrow. Refugee from a petting zoo the superwoman at the rescue tells me. 35lbs of roo lol
Can anyone tell me more about the breed, and what hen type would be good for company for him. I only have silkie bantams at this point, so he will have his own digs.

Attachments

• 20170918_144533.jpg
    20170918_144533.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom