YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hey Cliff! Did you move up near me? Dawsonville?

Nope, the entire rest of the state did though. It got to the point where it wasn't even enjoyable shopping up there because of the mass influx of people moving into the area. Houses were selling the same day they were listed for over asking price.

Is there anyone here that lives in or around Rabun or Towns county in north Georgia? I actually live near Savannah but we're considering moving to the mountains and by looking at the weather is seems much more manageable up there as well, lol! We haven't even visited yet so we're trying to get an idea of where to look. I know I have loved other areas of the Blue Ridge Mountains though! Any suggestions?

Clayton is a fantastic place to live if you like the middle of the road living. It's a sleepy quiet little town for the most part but with 441 going through there's plenty of traffic and food.

Clayton is a fantastic place to live if you like the middle of the road living. It's a sleepy quiet little town for the most part but with 441 going through there's plenty of traffic and food.

Thank you! Clayton is on my list of places to look into! Is that where you are? I've been living in a quiet sleepy little town that is rapidly getting not so quiet and I literally want to run for the hills, lol. I like my creature comforts within a reasonable driving distance but what can I say, I like to leave my car unlocked and not have to worry. I grew up in the city and I moved here to get away, I feel like it's slowly but surely following me. :lau

Thank you! Clayton is on my list of places to look into! Is that where you are? I've been living in a quiet sleepy little town that is rapidly getting not so quiet and I literally want to run for the hills, lol. I like my creature comforts within a reasonable driving distance but what can I say, I like to leave my car unlocked and not have to worry. I grew up in the city and I moved here to get away, I feel like it's slowly but surely following me. :lau

Oh no we live in Stockbridge/McDonough, we tried to move to Dahlonega/Dawsonville but it's just growing too fast. Forsyth County knocked Henry County out of the running as the fastest growing county in Georgia for 2019-2020.

Anybody on BYC live in Georgia?
I'm gonna make a list of Georgians below! Let's get the LONGEST list possible! Each name counts one point, and mods or staff are worth 5 points!

Georgians' names collected so far:
1. SeramaSweetie
2. Pumpkinpup
3. porteryork
4. rooster-red
5. jonbanks
6. Chix-in-GA
7. mazdacrzy
8. Missouri chick
9. bantyman
10. 1acrefarm
11. EggCentric
12. poohevans
13. mattmatt's-momma
14. newnanchic
15. soonerdog
16. bargain
17. asa
18. key west chick
19. rays123
20. Granolamom
21. Lupa
22. PunkërTeçhñöRøø§ter
23. AnnMarie12
24. GaDawg
25. 2chickenrich
26. embkm
27. Los Pollitos
29. katrek
30. oegblady
31. spotnapp
32. teresac
33. Lmarie
34. speckledhen (MOD= 5 pts!)
35. dawg53
36. featherfooted
37. Hellvagirl
38. tsnuttall

POINTS COLLECTED:
41. Wow!
ya.gif
So Many!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm in Woodbine, GA. The far south east corner of the state. I was born in Columbus, GA, until moving all over the country. Settled back here, retire from Lockheed.

Nope, the entire rest of the state did though. It got to the point where it wasn't even enjoyable shopping up there because of the mass influx of people moving into the area. Houses were selling the same day they were listed for over asking price.
I know, right! I am sad about all the growth here. Loved it being so .....in the woods! Luckily we have 25 acres and are still way out in the woods

Back
Top Bottom