YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hi, Georgians! I have 3 cockerels for adoption! I am right outside Atlanta and will drive up to 1 hour away.

8 weeks old, 1 full Serama and 2 full D´Uccles, healthy and hand raised by me, and they can be adopted separately. PM me if you have questions, are interested in adopting, or want pictures of the grandparents or parents. :)

Hello Georgians!!

Last time I posted on this thread was in July! 4 months wow. Just dropping by to say hello.

I can’t wait to start incubating eggs again! But I’m taking a long break because I have so much work and caring for young chicks is time consuming.

Not to mention it’s about to get cold and I don’t wanna deal with keeping incubators warm and hatched chicks at the perfect temperature.

Hello Georgians!!

Last time I posted on this thread was in July! 4 months wow. Just dropping by to say hello.

I can’t wait to start incubating eggs again! But I’m taking a long break because I have so much work and caring for young chicks is time consuming.

Not to mention it’s about to get cold and I don’t wanna deal with keeping incubators warm and hatched chicks at the perfect temperature.

Long time no chat @hysop ! I hope you're doing well! All of my incubators have been stored for the winter as well. I'm actually enjoying the break but I'm sure I'll start missing having peeps running around sooner than later!

Hi, Georgians! I have 3 cockerels for adoption! I am right outside Atlanta and will drive up to 1 hour away.

8 weeks old, 1 full Serama and 2 full D´Uccles, healthy and hand raised by me, and they can be adopted separately. PM me if you have questions, are interested in adopting, or want pictures of the grandparents or parents. :)
what color is your d'uccle
she asks though she has too many chickens already

what color is your d'uccle
she asks though she has too many chickens already

Hi! I have 2 D´Uccles. One is a mille fleur/silver mille fleur and 1 is a mottled/silver mille fleur. :)

Pictures from a few weeks ago. I will post new pictures tomorrow when the sun is out. The orange one and black one are the D´Uccles~

IMG_8165 (1).jpg

IMG_8163 (1).jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

Long time no chat @hysop ! I hope you're doing well! All of my incubators have been stored for the winter as well. I'm actually enjoying the break but I'm sure I'll start missing having peeps running around sooner than later!

👋 Hiya!

It has been a while! I’m doing well but unfortunately during the summer my husband took over the chicken chores because I’m a wimp with the heat.

And long story short toward the end of summer/beginning of fall we lost some birds due to worms since at first we thought it was (I can’t spell the thing treated with Corid). And for them to have died due to worms I know it means they must have had it for a while 😔

At least I’m taking over again and know when a bird is sick or not acting normal. And my husband has learned the importance of clean water daily. Since the first two years that I took care of my birds by myself I never had issues with worms.

This coming summer I won’t make excuses and take care of my own birds since they’re my responsibility.

👋 Hiya!

It has been a while! I’m doing well but unfortunately during the summer my husband took over the chicken chores because I’m a wimp with the heat.

And long story short toward the end of summer/beginning of fall we lost some birds due to worms since at first we thought it was (I can’t spell the thing treated with Corid). And for them to have died due to worms I know it means they must have had it for a while 😔

At least I’m taking over again and know when a bird is sick or not acting normal. And my husband has learned the importance of clean water daily. Since the first two years that I took care of my birds by myself I never had issues with worms.

This coming summer I won’t make excuses and take care of my own birds since they’re my responsibility.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Some people find that regular rotations of dewormings works well for them. I haven't had to do this but I have thought about it when hearing horror stories.

Back
Top Bottom