YO GEORGIANS! :)

Have to brag! My turkey eggs from bargain Nancy, are hatching tonight! So exciting! They are really goofy with that big beak and eyes! One has fully hatched. One is almost out, and the remaining 3 have pipped! I'm not getting any sleep tonight!

Fabulous hatching WEZL way tooo GOOOOOO!!!! Come on little goggly eyes.... Keep us posted.....Love and hugs to the grans.....From Granny Nanny

PS If you must have more turkeys and I know you must!!!!! Ours are still laying..........Georgians, the Lord heard our prayers for rain and we had some last night!!! So grateful and praying for more! Nancy

I was fortunate enough to be the first in line for Nancy's buff flock...gotta jump when she even MENTIONS downsizing any flock or you won't get any - had to leave the rooster behind since I am "rooster poor" in the Buff Orpington department but he is a beauty. All six girls are a little overwhelmed with all the others that they can see WAY over that fence. I talked to them this morning and I assured all 6 (even Pinecone Jacque!!) that they would join the fun soon enough. A watermelon rind was a good welcoming for them.

If you get a chance to visit Nancy and Jacque.. you will have an enjoyabe time. Once my incubators are clear I will head back for some more treasures in a shell. There are some other chicken peeps that I want to come see when I can.

We too got a "little" rain last night. I was locking up the girls with heat lightening bouncing about.. we got some.. not enough. Praying for more today. This heat is hard on the animals.

Have a wonderful Friday

Shelly

Wow, I had no idea there were so many people in the coastal Ga area that raise chickens! Cool! I hope to meet up with some of you. As I said, I live in Jesup, but I work in Savannah as does DH.

Good afternoon to all..... I'm telling you Georgia, next time we get together, we're all going to have to go to Shelly GA's She's got almost all our breeds here and those of folks from almost everywhere.... And she's so sweet. Well, we've got turkey poults we're selling and turkey hatching eggs of course and all those chicken and duck eggs..... Got a few beautiful buff orpington roos for sale and a few Delaware Roos as well. Right now we have a few dozen guineas for sale (all no longer needing heat) and baby bunnies as listed below:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/2432427504.html

As soon as our commercial kitchen is approved and we should be ready for inspection in less than 2 weeks I pray, I'll be planning some classes there for bread making, cheese making, canning and more! So if you want to get a pm when then start, please let me know....

Well, veggies are picked (selling squash, green beans, onions, potatoes, green garlic (dried will be a few more weeks), milk and eating eggs and a few cabbage)......Getting ready to plant some more!!!

Shelly, by the way!!!! I had 10 calls for those buff orps !!!!! But I'm blessed that they are with you, I cannot think of a better home.....Hugs love and prayers to all....

PS, be sure to visit our blogspost http://thegarryfarm.blogspot.com/ Soon to be posted....the true tale of sleeping on nails!!!!!!!!!

Howdy, Howdy! Sorry about not being on recently! Still packing and figuring out where we are ending up - Midway, GA is about 15 min below Savannah and not too far from Rincon, Richmond Hills, Pooler and I guess about an hour or less above Brunswick, GA. Miss my flock badly....don't miss the roos except for my sweet little bantam cochin roo "Samson". Elvis, JP, Red and Lev are all gone and that is just fine with me.

You are sooo right about the Silkies - we here in NY wear little tinfoil hats (a joke of course) about their canny and amazing mind power to make you do things you hadn't expected - like buy more of them or get them extra treats. I miss the few I was raising of them - unfortunately they all had to be sold too.
hit.gif
Miss the Dellies, Barred and all the others too....sigh....

We have decided to pack up a brooder light or two, the one incubator we kept along with chick feeders and feeders for older flocks - just a couple so that once we do get a place down there of our own - we may rent first so that we get in a good area and get a place with some land - we can re-start a flock.

I love gardening, husbandry (animals....cows, etc) chickies and hunting-and of course girlie things too like getting my nails done and swimming. Hoping for a nice area to bow and gun hunt in - like fishing also and hope to get some of that in as well. We plan on waiting to see if we should raise any cows down there for now too.

It is pouring up there and I am sending a few storm clouds your way for some rain - I hear it is very very dry there. Hope you all have some veggies left so I can get some canning in when I get down there! I'm still tempted to go strawberry picking up here so I can get some frozen and canned. Just not sure I want to pull all the canning supplies out again now that they are all packed. Didn't put a veggie garden in here this year since the people buying the home are just planning on using it as a vacation home - makes me sad for all the fruit trees, berry bushes, grape vines, perennials and roses I have planted here - hopefully they will have someone keep them up.

We are getting so much rain again that you can hear the grass growing and can't even get outside to cut it - if you want more clouds let me know and I'll do a little rain dance for you - I'd be happy to send you a couple inches of it.

Looking forward to a chicken meet or two down there even if it is just to meet you all and drool over your stock
wee.gif

oh yeah, AND I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO GET BACK SOUTH.....nuff said.

Count me in on the cheesemaking class if not too far off from me - I started raising two goats and a sheep and was going to start a flock (small) of sheep this year for cheese and spinning.....too much for me to handle with the Fibro so I'll just come to your place Nancy!

big_smile.png

I will, we hope to hear something this week and our closing should be at the end of this month (June) here in NY so we plan to be down there the first week of July. Found a lot of nice homes (course in subdivisions....) and some nice townhomes if that is what need to get our first year. Don't want to make a mistake and get a place that isn't suitable to raising chickies and such the first go round down there.

How dry is it down there? Are you all running fans in the coops to keep them cool? What breeds do you recomment for down there - I had just about everything from A to Z I was trying to hatch here so I want to make sure I get suitable breeds for the heat and brief winter you have there.

Almost down there (if it happens....)
barnie.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

Fryekitten, I have 3 little silkies waiting for you! and kaboodles of hatching eggs.... These silkies are small enough to keep inside! I have before. Welcome back to GA! We farm fulltime and love the land and farming.....Visit us when you get a chance and WELCOME to the GA Gang....all good folks here! Have a blessed day...Nancy

Back
Top Bottom