You Know What? I'm Not Moving.

I had to cancel the engagement pics today. It's gonna be way too dangerous for him to drive up tonight. With the tornado threat it's just not worth the risk.

We just moved in to our new house on the 1st
sickbyc.gif
It was pretty bad because our stuff had been in storage since November and was covered in dust! Moving kind of really does suck but once you are there it will be really good. I found all kinds of things that I forgot we had and we got to get out all of our wedding gifts and use them finally
wee.gif
(our engagement party was in Sept and we got married in Oct) so that was a great part. Sorry about the photos but it will be all good once you move in.

Moving is indeed horrible. Horrible, horrible horrible.

There are some options, though. Some of your belongings can stay in storage and be delivered later.

You might be able to throw some things out.

You might be able to get a 'packer' - there are people who will help you move. When my dad passed I found out that people actually will (well,for a fee) come out and help plan, choose, and pack.

I hired a guy who had a rubbish business, to move us once. He was absolutely brilliant.

We rented a 16 foot truck - he packed everything into the first six feet of it, our chins were on the ground. He told us to pack each room one at a time (that made it seem much more do-able). Then we labeled each box as to what room it would go in, in the new house.

Emptied out the house, loaded the truck, and unloaded everything on the other end, I swear it took him 30 minutes on each end. 200 dollars for a move within 50 miles...you can hire someone on each end or just get help for the hardest part - at the starting side. I doubt it would be 200 but SOME professional help is amazing.

Failing that there may be friends who could pitch in. Some people just have an incredible knack, nay, a fascination, with logistics and can be a great help.

One move, an engineer friend helped me. He LOVED....packing...yeah, I know that seems weird but they are a breed apart.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom