You Know Your Addiction Has Gotten Out of Hand...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Nov 11, 2008.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    ...when you realize that despite adding two extra goat pens, you still don't have enough of them [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You are preaching to the choir, Kate!

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:[​IMG] I have a similar situation with my chickens. I'm building some new pens in the barn. DH asked me if that meant I was getting rid of the coops I have now. I just looked at him and said, "um, no" [​IMG]

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I hear ya there Kate as I just rearranged my goat pens to add more bonding pens for when kidding starts and I still need more...lol...cause the dog is going to have pups soon and I will put her in 1 pen as she will need a place for them also. Man it just never stops and I have downsized my herd also...Also I am getting another girl soon too...man does it ever stop...I agree MissPrissy she is preaching to the choir and we are all deaf...LOL....

5. jlbpooh

jlbpooh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2007
    Catawba, SC
    I know the feeling also. My husband wanted to downsize after our cat died in January. Weeelllll, we had 18 total animals then (cat, dog, chickens, guineas, and a rabbit), and have 62 now (cats, dogs, chickens, guineas, ducks, and pigs). OOPS!! Hee, Hee, Hee

PS I just added another 400 square feet of outdoor chicken pens 2 weeks ago for when they have to be kept safe while we aren't home. They have a grand total of 1236 square feet of predator proof pens outdoors, and 256 square feet of indoor space. Between the hawks and stray dogs lately no one is safe when we aren't here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by