You know you're a backyard chicken owner when...

KIMG1205.JPG

Here's another one....When you find a clutch of eggs in the back window of hubby's TR7, he left his window down while it was in the carport for 2 wks last summer.. :lau

Great topic.
I'm always doing stuff like this and thinking maybe this is a sign you have too many chickens.
Different set up then most here but we have hundreds of chickens that always free range so I can't relate to the going in the coop with wrong shoes on since all I have are all in one boots/shoes and when I set out the door I'm stepping in the coop.
I leave a dirt and chicken $*** trail in every store I go in.
The egg in pocket been there so many times. My place is like Easter egg hunts every day. I'm always finding on somewhere and sticking it in a shirt or hoody pocket only to find it later on. Even at times with my hand with it broken in my pocket while out in public.
Back to Easter hunting for a second.
Anyone ever found a broody stashed in a bush setting on a few chicken eggs, a goose egg and 3 bright colored Easter eggs?
Ok back to eggs. I'll see your tracking mud, egg in pocket and raise you....went to dollar store once of course tracked up their floors, found a egg in my pocket then went back to find a chicken in the back of my suv.
Stowaway chickens. Ever be at work on more then one occasion and someone spots a chicken in the parking lot to discover of course its one of yours to snuck to work with you.
Had one that was riding up in the frame of my truck.
Gave her away after couple days of it cause apparently she didn't like my place.
Compine a couple.... Anyone ever food eggs in the vehicle when a hen decided it was a good place to start a nest? Have someone else find it and try to explain while you have 3 eggs in your back floorboard?
Have any kids that don't want to eat eggs cause

Great topic.
I'm always doing stuff like this and thinking maybe this is a sign you have too many chickens.
Different set up then most here but we have hundreds of chickens that always free range so I can't relate to the going in the coop with wrong shoes on since all I have are all in one boots/shoes and when I set out the door I'm stepping in the coop.
The egg in pocket been there so many times. My place is like Easter egg hunts every day. I'm always finding on somewhere and sticking it in a shirt or hoody pocket only to find it later on. Even at times with my hand with it broken in my pocket while out in public.
Anyone ever found a broody stashed in a bush setting on a few chicken eggs, a goose egg and 3 bright colored Easter eggs?
Ok back to eggs. I'll see your tracking mud, egg in pocket and raise you....went to dollar store once of course tracked up their floors, found a egg in my pocket then went back to find a chicken in the back of my suv.
Stowaway chickens. Ever be at work on more then one occasion and someone spots a chicken in the parking lot to discover of course its one of yours to snuck to work with you.
Gave her away after couple days of it cause apparently she didn't like my place.
Compine a couple.... Anyone ever food eggs in the vehicle when a hen decided it was a good place to start a nest? Have someone else find it and try to explain while you have 3 eggs in your back floorboard?
:lau

Great topic.
:lau
My set up is similar...I do have a coop with nest boxes but it always stays open and my chickens, ducks, turkeys..All free range 24/7. They roost or bed down where they please. But it's always muddy or dusty dry. No grsss just woods..:lau
And yes, the egg hunt is an ongoing game here. I'll find 4 or 5 in the boxes but no telling where the other 30 or 40 hens have hid theirs..:gig

Back
Top Bottom