You know you're from Arkansas when....

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
We had just got home from shopping in the town my SO works in when ADT security calls. Seems someone has set off the burglar alarm at an elderly neighbor's house. The neighbor is in the hospital and nobody should be at her house.
My SO grabs his service weapon and off we go. When we get there we find a police officer from the town we (technically) live in is already there. He's with another elderly lady that my SO has known his whole life. The lady accidently set off the alarm when she went in to get some clothing for the hospitalized neighbor.
Once they realize there's no emergency my SO and this young officer get to talking. He tells my SO that he's just moved in down the street from us. Then my SO notices the guy name badge. Turns out he and my SO are related! Then the elderly lady comes back outside and turns out she's related to this officer on the other side of his family!

Arkansas, the only state where you can have a family reunion on a burglary call!
gig.gif

I can laugh, cuz I'm not from Arkansas.
tongue2.gif

Too funny. I also live in a small town. (about 4,500) Everyone is related to everyone else. Now my son is seriously :barniedateing a girl that is REALLY related to everyone. If they get married, we will be related to the whole darn town.

Quote:
But omg Deb! Don't tell my SO I said this, but...this guy was adorable! Beautiful blue eyes, strong build and....young enough to be my son!
hit.gif

oh that's funny.

at least she wasn't naked...ha ha...my bro in law got a call like that. he said, we can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way. the easy way is you get some clothes on and get in the cruiser or the hard way, i wrap you in a blanket and carry you to the cruiser.

she decided on the hard way.

Quote:
But omg Deb! Don't tell my SO I said this, but...this guy was adorable! Beautiful blue eyes, strong build and....young enough to be my son!
hit.gif

I was keeping my mouth shut about the multitude of Arkansas jokes there are that really not appropriate for these boards.
lau.gif

Quote:
hit.gif

I was keeping my mouth shut about the multitude of Arkansas jokes there are that really not appropriate for these boards.
lau.gif

Like I said, don't bother me. I'm not from Arkansas. I'm from NC. There are two counties in NC I make fun of myself.

Quote:
My SO was transporting a half undressed drunk woman to jail once when he keyed up the mic to report his location to dispatch. As he keyed it up this woman screamed something from the backseat that can't be repeated, but has haunted him for years. Every officer in the county heard it.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom